65 AC Shelby Cobra 3 Valve Install

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Asking for a friend:

My friend is putting a 3 valve 4.6 in his 65 AC Cobra and is looking for anything that would be considered a fender well header that fits into side pipes. He is looking for something like this, but obviously not for a LS engine. I told him this is probably not going to be something that you would just be able to buy and the 3 valve aftermarket support is pretty much dead, but I told him I would ask the experts! Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

Image1646360362.396458.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ToddW702

Established Member
Seems like it will have to be a custom set. But I agree with the above factory five check, they might have something.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I mentioned everything you all said. He is using the 3 valve because it’s what he has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Why a 3 valve?
He might have to have fabricated.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

It’s what he has. I told him I have a 306 sitting on an engine stand I would sell him but I think he is going this route to save money. He just got a divorce not too long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Let him build it the way he wants or can afford now. He can always redo it when he gets back on his feet or realizes there are better choices than a 3 valve.

That's kinda what happened with my 65 with a little Devine intervention. Built it the way I could afford to in 2010. Engine blew in 2015. Rebuilding it the way I should have in 2010, but started in 2020 .

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread