641hp Lamborghini Urus SUV vs 797hp Challenger Redeye WB at Laguna Seca

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
OP tried to take a cheap shot at the Dodge. He totally missed and landed said hit on his own bitch (R8).

He thought that people on this forum were too stupid to realize his MO and/or do their due diligence.

He has tucked his tail and ran for the hills like the bobble head, pencil neck rainbow toy that he is. Lmao

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Dodge ceased production of the Viper in 2017, so it wouldn't really make sense to do. Randy ran a 1:28:65 in a Viper ACR at Laguna Seca. That's faster than he ran in a McLaren 720s, P1, Porsche 918, and Lambo Huracan Performante. ACR vs Hellcat or Urus around a track would be like an NBA mens team vs a WNBA team.

Well, it still makes sense because the Viper is still the big boy in Dodge's lineup.

Comparing a <70K car to a >250K Super SUV is retarded. Who cares if the Dodge cannot handle around a road course better than an "SUV' built and designed to do so? Line them up at the drag strip and watch what happens.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Well, it still makes sense because the Viper is still the big boy in Dodge's lineup.

Comparing a <70K car to a >250K Super SUV is retarded. Who cares if the Dodge cannot handle around a road course better than an "SUV' built and designed to do so? Line them up at the drag strip and watch what happens.

C'mon, comparing the Viper to the Urus is even dumber than comparing the Urus to the Red Eye. The comparison is dumb but it makes sense why they did it. They are showing how fast and far SUVs have come. It isn't necessarily a knock to the Challenger but the Challenger happens to be the heaviest and slowest on the track compared to the top Mustang and Camaro and the Urus happens to be one of the fastest and most advanced SUVs on the market so they needed the slower sports car to compare it to so they could actually write a story about it.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
C'mon, comparing the Viper to the Urus is even dumber than comparing the Urus to the Red Eye. The comparison is dumb but it makes sense why they did it. They are showing how fast and far SUVs have come. It isn't necessarily a knock to the Challenger but the Challenger happens to be the heaviest and slowest on the track compared to the top Mustang and Camaro and the Urus happens to be one of the fastest and most advanced SUVs on the market so they needed the slower sports car to compare it to so they could actually write a story about it.
Why not pick a base Corvette, Audi TT or R8? How about the new Supra?

Why not a Explorer ST? Even better, AMG G63, or BMW X6?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member

How do you figure? Motortrend and even the Dodge-hating "My Audi and future GT500 is the best EVAR" even said the Redeye is the top dog or fastest variant of the Dodge lineup.

Again, want to compare a super SUV to something? Use that makes top handling car and see what happens.

As Corbic said above, why compare to a Redeye? Why not a Cayenne Turbo, X6, AMG, etc.

See how far an SUV has come? We've already seen it years ago with cars coming out like the Jeep SRT, Trackhawk, Durango SRT, Explorer ST, the AMG SUV's, etc. This is nothing new.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
This was a track comparison. None of those other SUVs are built specifically to handle whatsoever. They were built with the same intention as the Redeye which is to be fun on the street. You guys are looking way too much into this. They probably tested the Urus and then looked at their track times list for the car with a close enough lap time that would ruffle some feathers when they compare the two together and the Urus beats it. It's a magazine company looking for clicks on their video. You think anyone is going to give a shit about seeing an Urus vs a TT? The Supra may have been a good one but like I said, they wanted shock factor and the Red Eye had it because it makes 800hp so right off the bat viewers are going to be curious to the outcome because on paper the Dodge should be able to hold it off.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
More than likely.
Straight line BEAST MODE!!! lol

I love the track bird and would pick it over the lambo (if given as a gift to live with), but the Urus will destroy it in a straight line as well.

URANUS is absolutely insane.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I love the track bird and would pick it over the lambo (if given as a gift to live with), but the Urus will destroy it in a straight line as well.
URANUS is absolutely insane.
Wow,....really?!?! It's faster than the Trackhawk?
Wow, I did not know that. o_O

My94GT

Established Member
Yup the urus would dismantle the trackhawk. It is great for what it is, relatively budget friendly street bruiser that can still handle small family needs. It just isn’t on the same level as the Urus, or even the Porsche offering. At its price point it should be a surprise though.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
If a GT500 were getting mopped up your post would have been FAR different. Does the trolling ever get old?

Who would have thought that a vehicle with a FAR SUPERIOR braking system, suspension and wheel drive system would perform in such a way vs. a vehicle that is meant to cruise and go fast in a straight line.

“4-wheel-steering, 4-wheel-drive system with active rear torque vectoring, adaptive air suspension with active dampers, a roll stabilization system with continuous and immediate response, carbon ceramic brakes”

Hmmmm.... I sense complete and utter faggotry from OP.

I’ll drink a beer to your queer, OP.

Cheers!

blk02edge

Established Member
I actually like comparos like this. Life doesn't always have to make perfect sense. Some of you guys need to relax haha

Users who are viewing this thread