63 Lincoln Continental Convertible+Terminator

drdvldog

Established Member
Hello Everyone...My buddy (BTRStang) finally got me to sit down and share what my crazy brain has decided to do to my 63 suicide door convertible.

I helped him find his baby (an 03 Sonic Blue beauty that he sold without my permission!!) and he wants me to share the love here on the site so that I dont get myself into TOO big a mess to dig my way out of...

Basically, he said, "Dude...you need to post that s@&! on SVT so that they can tell you when you are about to step in a big pile of dog crap!"

So, here she is before...

drdvldog

Established Member
Here are some pictures of her before...just so you can get a good visual of what she will look like in the end...after the madness.

Basically, I want to restore her to exactly what she looks like in these pictures. The only "minor" differences will be the driveline, ridetech air struts, 4-link, ISIS wiring harness and electric everything.

drdvldog

Established Member
Here is the powerplant...

The guy I bought her from said he upgraded her to return style fuel and did some head porting and polishing. I dont even know if she runs, but the motor has good compression and I am going to move forward as if ALL I have to do is get fuel, air and she will spark.

drdvldog

Established Member
Thanks Guys. I am working, one weekend at a time...

I got the trans installed this weekend, checking fitment and seeing what needed to be cut...the answer is NOTHING! It slid right in there like the engineers in 63 planned it that way!

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Gonna be a sweet build. Needs a nice set of custom wheels with a lot of lip and tire!!! I love the color and the chrome trim!!!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
lol this thing is gonna be crazy!

you are DEFINITELY going to have to post up some vids of you doing a couple of WOT fly-bys in it, once you have it all finished up!

im having a hard time imagining seeing that thing hauling ass and whining/sounding like a terminator. lol its gonna be awesome/crazy

definitely keep the updates coming!!

black 10th vert

Established Member
What did it have for an original driveline? Are you going to have the 6 speed too, or mate the engine to an auto trans? Cool project.:beer:

drdvldog

Established Member
She had a 430 V8 and a super small C4 variant made just for the Lincolns so that they could get really low to the ground.

The trans I have bolted up right now is a 4R70W out of a Mach 1. I have to get my hands on a Mach 1/auto radiator and make sure all the holes line up with the Cobra coolant ports and then get the intercooler squared away once the A/C condenser is mounted in front of the radiator.

The auto is going to have to be run by some sort of stand alone system, but I am leaning heavily towards the PAutomatic unit that they sell in their built auto trans kits.

I am planning in just saving the cash over the next month and pulling the trigger on a Dunne-Rite harness in order to get her started.

The rear is a Lincoln 9-inch, so not much is going to change there other than adding an Tru-trac that will handle a bit more power.

The goal of the car was to get up and running, restored...then maybe take some action on the lurking I have been doing on the turbo side of this forum and start fabbing up a custom exhaust and turbo routing for twins...due Spring of 2013!!

I guess it all depends on what breaks once I get her turned over.

Last edited:

drdvldog

Established Member
lol this thing is gonna be crazy!

you are DEFINITELY going to have to post up some vids of you doing a couple of WOT fly-bys in it, once you have it all finished up!

im having a hard time imagining seeing that thing hauling ass and whining/sounding like a terminator. lol its gonna be awesome/crazy

definitely keep the updates coming!!

Here is a taste of what a little boost can do to one of these cars...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZd-SyYuGQ"]WALKER AUTOWORKS 740HP LINCOLN CONTINENTAL - YouTube[/nomedia]

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
A person I knew with more money than brains built a Lincoln Continental vert with the suicide doors just like that, albeit with a nasty BBF and when he nailed it the chassis would twist so much from the torque. I am very interested in watching your progress and the end result

Last edited:

BADSBRD

Established Member
Very cool build!! I have been thinking about putting a Terminator engine into my 66 T-Bird. Can you post some better pics of the front part of the frame and engine mounts?

drdvldog

Established Member
A person I knew with more money than brains built a Lincoln Continental vert with the suicide doors just like that, albeit with a nasty BBF and when he nailed it the chassis would twist so much from the torque. I am very interested in watching your progress and the end result

You are right about that. These are unibody cars....just like mustangs.

I had a 96 convertible that I tried racing once. That MUCH smaller car needed subframe connectors and various other triangulated support bars to make her track straight. The Lincoln won't be any different....well, except for the fact that the subframe connectors will have to be longer and a bit thicker gauge then the mustangs.

Definitely a good observation though.

drdvldog

Established Member
Very cool build! What do you have to do with the intercooler?

I am going to have to put her in front of everything else...or, run her slightly below the front bumper. I wont know until I get the radiator and A/C condenser mounted and then I bolt the bumper back on to see where the best place (air volume wise) will be to put the intercooler...

I also want to run a bigger one then the stocker that I have, but once again...got to get the other stuff done first to see how much room I will have.

Users who are viewing this thread