600cc Sportbike for an 18 year old?

600cc Sport Bike for an 18 year old?

• Yes, he should be ok.

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • No, bad idea for an inexperienced rider.

Votes: 72 71.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been talking with him about it. I think he's going to keep the 250 for another season, go to some track days and then jump up to a 600 when he's got a bit more seat time under his belt.

I'm not at all averse to him having a 600 at some point, but I think his senior year of highschool is not the best time. Yes, I know it's not my decision, but his dad's in his mid 60's and really has no clue how fast modern street bikes are. I really felt I needed to say something.

The boy is my brother in law, but due to being moved for work, my wife and I have been renting his parents guest house, so we all live on the same property. He's a lot like a little brother to me. It's not as if I'm just trying to be some interfering jerk, I really happen to like the kid.

Cool:coolman:Forgot to mention this earlier. But if he was an immature kid, the second you would have said "No you can't have this", he would think "eff you I'm going to do what I want". But he seems more advanced for his age if he takes the 250/track day route. You may have a winner in your B-in-L:beer:

97- Awesome vid! Wish we had more tracks around here. But I'm gonna get rid of my R1 and Yz250f. Just had surgery on my shoulder again and I think the doc screwed me up.....

Catfood

Established Member
If you ride a bike for an extended period of time then you will eventually make a mistake. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread