600 rwhp (possible w/ported Eaton on)E85??`

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Hey guys. I've been on a long hiatus. Recently divorced. Noooow I am back in to the car. I am looking at switching to E85.

With a 2.76 upper, 4# lower on a Steg Stage 5 with crower stage 3 cams and exhaust would 600rwhp be feasible with E85???

Just food for thought for now...

beastmar

Established Member
A member on here has a non ported eaton, 2.81 pulley with a 4lb lower making around 515/560 on e85 so I'm assuming that port could get you close to 600?

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Not sure if you can hit 600 but you will be close with the setup you are going to run (the cams should help you out) w

gabe1530

Banned
A member on here has a non ported eaton, 2.81 pulley with a 4lb lower making around 515/560 on e85 so I'm assuming that port could get you close to 600?

with cams and a port you should def be able to get close to 600 with e85.
do you have longtubes?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Not without a Killer Chiller and an Eaton spun to the MOON!

I don't think that little Eaton can move enough air, though 560-570 in a max effort with everything else 100% right ..... might, maybe be possible.

I would not expect the Eaton to live very long at those blower speeds, and the IAT2s would be nonviable without a Killer Chiller set on max.

AirFlowEngineer

Established Member
I think it's definitely possible. I recently ported a close friend's Eaton, and he made 550 horsepower and 580 foot pounds, with a 2.81 upper and 4 pound lower on 93 pump fuel. He's running Kooks 1.750 long tubes with a 3 inch collector, a 3 inch cat-less mid pipe, and a 2.5 inch Borla Stinger cat-back. We had a few people on here tell us that there was no way it could be done, but we did it! In order to make that kind of power with an Eaton and E85, the camshaft selection is going to be very critical. I do believe that it can be achieved. I have been talking to my friend about doing a cam and spring upgrade, and see if it can be done on 93 pump fuel. Don't let anyone on here tell you it's not possible. If it hasn't been attempted yet; how do you know it's not possible. Be unique and go for it! I'd love to see someone make 600 horsepower on an Eaton setup, without N20.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I think it's definitely possible. I recently ported a close friend's Eaton, and he made 550 horsepower and 580 foot pounds, with a 2.81 upper and 4 pound lower on 93 pump fuel. He's running Kooks 1.750 long tubes with a 3 inch collector, a 3 inch cat-less mid pipe, and a 2.5 inch Borla Stinger cat-back. We had a few people on here tell us that there was no way it could be done, but we did it! In order to make that kind of power with an Eaton and E85, the camshaft selection is going to be very critical. I do believe that it can be achieved. I have been talking to my friend about doing a cam and spring upgrade, and see if it can be done on 93 pump fuel. Don't let anyone on here tell you it's not possible. If it hasn't been attempted yet; how do you know it's not possible. Be unique and go for it! I'd love to see someone make 600 horsepower on an Eaton setup, without N20.

Interesting!:rockon:
How were the IAT2s?
Do you know what the boost ended up being?
How was the high RPM boost drop?
Is it a Killer Chiller car?

89slowgt331

Established Member
I remember the thread, Hey airflowengineer I have a simalar experament going on my car will be run on 93 oct. my eaton was a steg stage 4, I looked at the port and felt there was room for improvment so I dropped off the case, inlet and throttle body with some friends at roush building #6, I worked at building one for a few years. I will post some before and after pic's of the case when it gets done, and post some dyno results with 2.9/4# and 2.76/4#.

AirFlowEngineer

Established Member
Interesting!:rockon:
How were the IAT2s?
Do you know what the boost ended up being?
How was the high RPM boost drop?
Is it a Killer Chiller car?

I'm not sure on the intake air temps. I remember when he had the car tuned the sensor on the tuner's dyno had gotten damaged or something. During the pulls it wasn't registering the amount of boost being generated. The tuner told him that it should be around 16 pounds, if I am not mistaken. I'm not sure about the high rpm boost drop either. And, no it doesn't have the killer chiller. He hasn't had the opportunity to do any data logging, I'll see if I can get him to do some data logging when he gets back in town. And I'll try to get the information.

I just found out that he has the boost bypass delete on his car.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I'm not sure on the intake air temps. I remember when he had the car tuned the sensor on the tuner's dyno had gotten damaged or something. During the pulls it wasn't registering the amount of boost being generated. The tuner told him that it should be around 16 pounds, if I am not mistaken. I'm not sure about the high rpm boost drop either. And, no it doesn't have the killer chiller. He hasn't had the opportunity to do any data logging, I'll see if I can get him to do some data logging when he gets back in town. And I'll try to get the information.

I just found out that he has the boost bypass delete on his car.

Thanks Christopher, I appreciate your input.:rockon::beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Not a problem. Hopefully I'll have the intake air temps for you in about a week.

No hurry, maybe you can help cover for me a bit and help answer some of the engine/tune questions in here, I'm finally going back to work and starting my new job Monday morning at Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants.:rockon:

I'm pretty jazzed about it.:rockon::beer: But I won't be on here as much.:(

AirFlowEngineer

Established Member
I'll try to help you out if I can. The extent of my experience lies in engine building and cylinder head porting. Awesome gig! I have only been on here for a few weeks; it would be nice to see more people on here doing complete engine builds.

89slowgt331

Established Member
I'll try to help you out if I can. The extent of my experience lies in engine building and cylinder head porting. Awesome gig! I have only been on here for a few weeks; it would be nice to see more people on here doing complete engine builds.

Unfortunatly you are an "Engine builder" and this sight is full of "motor builders"
I wonder if they are getting their cobra confused with their prius. :lol:

Last edited:

Eatonualive281

Established Member
has anybody tried cutting or milling down the rear of the eaton to make a larger more direct inlet out of sheetmetal or anything like that? ive always been curious if there would be any gains.

AirFlowEngineer

Established Member
Unfortunatly you are an "Engine builder" and this sight is full of "motor builders"
I wonder if they are getting their cobra confused with their prius. :lol:

I bet this will give you a good laugh. I have a Bachelor's degree in Biology, with a concentration in ecology and environmental biology!!!

Users who are viewing this thread