60$ annual vehicle registration fees,gotta love'em!

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I think I paid north of $1200 to DMV the year I moved to Charlotte. Ouch. Plus the inspection fees.

Now in PA, $32 for annual registration and then $30-$120 for inspection depending where you go, if you live in an emission county, and if you are exempt or not (<5000 miles/yr). I paid $34 yesterday for emissions exempt inspection.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Move to Virginia, then you get to pay personal property tax on your cars every year. My bill for the first 6 months of 2013 was $880. :bored:

Same here. Then you add in the $30+ a year for inspection and then you have the annual registration fees.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Motorcycle - 50/year, truck - 90/year, wife's car - 75/year, trailer - 30/year, Shelby - 75/year. Thankfully, no emissions in my county! They just put 3.5 cents tax on gas, bridge toll went up $2 and both have built-in increases over the next 3 years because the transportation fund is broke. And on it goes... If some guy named O'Malley says he is running for President, all of you can expect the same if he wins - or worse!

coposrv

Established Member
State excise tax on my 07 f350 when new was around 650-700. It drops every year though. It was around 100 this year.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
lol @ $60 regs, but fuuuu @ some of you guys are paying.

Tags for my Fusion were $183 coming up here in mid july, and the gf Tiburon was $192 iirc.

x2. I couldn't see paying nearly $1,000 per car yealy. I pay $80 for the L, used to pay $60 for the Stang.

Poppacapp

Established Member
North Carolina just started as of July 1 this year combining property taxes with the registration fee. Before this, registration was $28/yr.. unless my alzheimers is kicking in. And there is a sales tax on vehicle purchases. 3% I believe.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
How the **** do you pay taxes on a vehicle you already own and paid taxes on when you bought it?

**** that.

Poppacapp

Established Member
How the **** do you pay taxes on a vehicle you already own and paid taxes on when you bought it?

**** that.

LOL... they get you however they can. You pay the sales tax when you buy it... then property tax every year... and guess what... if you dont pay the property tax, you cant renew your registration... and if you go too long without paying property taxes, they garnish them from your paychecks. They gonna get der's :)

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I pay $420 for my f150, $116 for my cobra and $60 for my 66 mustang.

Any Texas people wanna chime in? I'm curious to see what it is out there.

~$50-60 for registration, depending on the vehicle, and $14.50 for inspection. In a smog county inspection is around $40 IIRC.

Sales tax on vehicle purchases is 6.25%, one time only. If you trade a vehicle in, you get a credit for whatever taxes you paid on the car you're trading in.

Last edited:

Rare40th

Established Member
Just got the registration renewal in the mail for the mustang and it is gonna be $87 plus my emissions which is $25 and I am getting custom plates this time around so in total this year about +/-$200. Tags for the DD Passat was $110 in January

Users who are viewing this thread