60$ annual vehicle registration fees,gotta love'em!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
:shrug: I'm sure others pay more,but damn

I would be in heaven if that was my annual registration fee!

In Colorado most counties pay for education through vehicle registration taxes. In Weld County where I am, registration when you first buy a brand new vehicle is usually about 2% of the total taxable value of the vehicle. It then starts declining slightly in years after.

The registration for my 2013 GTI was over $650 and that included about $50.00 in credit I had on my registration from a different car. Next year it will probably be around $500 or so.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Move to Virginia, then you get to pay personal property tax on your cars every year. My bill for the first 6 months of 2013 was $880. :bored:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
My big truck is plated heavy and costs about 110 a year. My little truck is plated for stock and costs 80 a year. My mustang is classic and costs about 47 a year.

To get a completely new tag for a vehicle is an additional $225 bucks though. If you have a spare tag then it's just tax and registration fee's.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Why are you even complaining?

Yearly excise tax...$25 for every thousand they value your car at.

13 GT500...do the math.

$60 is nothing. Hell- I just filled the Shelby for $59

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
lol @ $60 regs, but fuuuu @ some of you guys are paying.

Tags for my Fusion were $183 coming up here in mid july, and the gf Tiburon was $192 iirc.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
That's not bad, DD 110, Cobra 110, snowmobile 20 and trailer 20. On top of that 30 for village stickers. All to get to drive on terrible roads.

svtaddict

Established Member
i pay about 230 a year for the cobra and 250 a year for my gmc truck also add 50 dollars for a smog check for each here in good old california.

98slowbra

Established Member
Just got my fees for our 2012 Acadia Denali it is $700, I will have to pay $1100 for my 2013 Raptor here soon. It is not cheap here in Colorado.

GotBoost?!

Established Member
Yup,I knew people were payin more elsewhere,it's just amazing it's to help pay for road repairs,etc and I never see any sort of improvement.

Americas Infrastructure is in bad shape.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Here in WV we pay $30/year for license, but we pay taxes on the vehicle every year. In my county it's 2.5% of the aasessed value (which is 60% of the NADA value), so it depreciates each year and the taxes go down accordingly.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Come to GA. We have this new law where they tax PRIVATE sales based on what they think the vehicle is valued at. I just slipped in before it with my current Mustang. It would've $450+ a couple days later instead of like $80.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Back in the 80's SC got wise to antique and speciality vehicles. A friend of mine had been paying his annual personal property tax on his 66 GT 350H at about what I was on my 65 basic Notchback Mustang, around $6.50. Then one year he got his statement in the mail and it was something like $550.00. He went off. Went to the DMV to know what was up. They had begun to use a publication called "Cars of Particular Interest" to set the value for the tax. He pressed his arguement and they had valued his Shelby as "A" condition. Now TJ's Shelby was nice, but he drove it quite a bit. He succedded in making the arguement that his car was more like in average condition. The knocked a couple of hundred off his tax. Still was a big unplanned surprise though.

The Snake

Last edited:

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Total cost at AZ MVD for my Cobra: $39.56

Vehicle licensing tax - $25.81
Registration - $8.25
Air Quality - $1.50
Title - $4.00

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Come to GA. We have this new law where they tax PRIVATE sales based on what they think the vehicle is valued at. I just slipped in before it with my current Mustang. It would've $450+ a couple days later instead of like $80.

They pulled that stunt here in Kansas back around '04. Lawsuits started stacking up like crazy. State backed down and returned to stated selling price for sales tax.

Boss 327

All Motor
Established Member
I pay $420 for my f150, $116 for my cobra and $60 for my 66 mustang.

Any Texas people wanna chime in? I'm curious to see what it is out there.

Users who are viewing this thread