6 weeks to go!!!

ponynx

Established Member
jake ill see you up there, im shootin for high 11's n/a this year when i do the head swap........

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I think there is only one new set out?? well one company and 2 sizes for the 2v
You talking about TrickFlow's new TW for the 4.6/5.4?

I didn't know if he was doing reworked OEM heads like Patriot:nonono: or livernois.

ponynx

Established Member
i am gettin th enew TF's when they are finished producing them............motor is coming out and going on the superflow dyno just the way it is then im swapping the heads and dynoing the motor again with degreeing the cams...............then it goes back in the car and will get thrashed on my dyno .......im very confident about the power the heads make.......

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i am gettin th enew TF's when they are finished producing them............motor is coming out and going on the superflow dyno just the way it is then im swapping the heads and dynoing the motor again with degreeing the cams...............then it goes back in the car and will get thrashed on my dyno .......im very confident about the power the heads make.......

how hard is degree'in the cams? I remember a couple years ago MJ did it to his car as they were off...and there was a huge thread on ModFords about it saying maybe it was one of the reasons the 03/04s vary in dyno numbers from car to car with same mods.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Nice! Keep us updated with the results. I can't wait to see what those new heads will do.

ponynx

Established Member
jake in my honest opinion the motor has to be out of the car to get it done properly........our motors are done with a degree wheel thats about 3 feet in diameter . i have yet to see a 2v or 4 v that was not out on at least 1 bank .....and im talking quite a bit too . you know that bad ass red mach 1 at the track that we did the motor on? those comp cams were bolted straight up but were actually out 4 degrees......

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
jake in my honest opinion the motor has to be out of the car to get it done properly........our motors are done with a degree wheel thats about 3 feet in diameter . i have yet to see a 2v or 4 v that was not out on at least 1 bank .....and im talking quite a bit too . you know that bad ass red mach 1 at the track that we did the motor on? those comp cams were bolted straight up but were actually out 4 degrees......

what if the front of the car is totally open??? doable??

IMG_5231.jpg

ponynx

Established Member
umm, i have never done it with the motor in because of space issues. call my cell ill explain more in detail !

bskin38

99L
Established Member
well ive been waiting for the warmer weather to get here so i can start workin on the L.
ive got a list of things to get done...
powder coat my new 01 rims black,
install clunk washers,
put in blacked out head lights and tail lights,
also put strobe lights in my head/tail lights,
have my bumper cover repainted,
put on my SS smooth steps and roll pan,
swap my tranny cooler out with a new f250 cooler,
oil/fuel filter change,
then a dyno run,
then put in my accufab SBTB,
have my OBX headers installed,
then do another dyno run, to see what kind of gains i got.
swap out my drivers door handle,
put in my door handle led's,
install a smaller antenna,
put my 2 aeroforce gauges in my new surfboard gauge pod.
so ive got a lot to keep me busy!

Users who are viewing this thread