5th gear issue

RSKtakR

Established Member
None of this surprises me AT ALL and sounds EXACTLY like the issues I had with my early build 2011 5.0. At 6k miles the clutch fell apart, then the pedal started sticking to the floor, at 9k miles 5th gear started grinding like crazy and had to have all kinds of internal parts replaced, got everything fixed under warranty. I got the same run around you got... "we think its a hydraulic issue" ummm NO ITS THE CLUTCH NOT WORKING AT ALL. I learned that these MT82's HATE being shifted into 5th at high rpms or attempting to be "speed shifted" into 5th. Same with the Boss. Even after all these parts replaced the trans whined like a friggen maxed out whipple. Traded that car in on my Boss and no problems....YET (I'm only 2k miles so far).

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
I'm experiencing lock-out from 2-3 and 3-4 while tracking my car. It's fine on the street. I'm sure I'd have issues from 4-5 but the top speeds at my local tracks don't call for 5th.

Same here and clutch sticking to the floor. I have a work order already opened with my dealer. They haven't a clue.

Users who are viewing this thread