5th Annual Colt State Park Meet Official Thread

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Super excited for the meet. Its looking/sounding like were going to have a very impressive turn out. Im praying for good weather!

matt87

Established Member
you are all in for a treat at CSP. its been all repaved and looking great!

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
you are all in for a treat at CSP. its been all repaved and looking great!

Thats mint!! i was there last when they had all of the construction barrels and silt fences along the road and walkway. this is good news.

super excited for the meet and i hope were graced with excellent weather! ill probably be bringing a football and Kan Jam.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Got my schedule and got Saturday off! Can't wait. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate and should be a great day. Looks like right around 80!

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
All,

im not sure how this event has cruised in the past years, but when i owned both of my Subaru's our cruises were always respectful to the rules of the road. due to the amount of attention a large line of cars cruising down the highway can attract. I would assume we would follow suit on SVTP, but i wanted to ask prior to the meet.

that being said, if people wanna drive like assholes, its obviously at your own discretion and youre risking unwanted attention for the rest of the group.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
All,

im not sure how this event has cruised in the past years, but when i owned both of my Subaru's our cruises were always respectful to the rules of the road. due to the amount of attention a large line of cars cruising down the highway can attract. I would assume we would follow suit on SVTP, but i wanted to ask prior to the meet.

that being said, if people wanna drive like assholes, its obviously at your own discretion and youre risking unwanted attention for the rest of the group.

I attended last year, let's just say I was one of the last ones to get to the park, I depend on my to license put food on the table. Thanks for bringing this up I totally agree.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Thank you to everyone who came out. Outstanding turn out today, immaculate weather. I sincerely apologize for the broken up cruise and some of the group that got lost along the way. Lessons learned for myself. I'm glad everyone made it there around the same time.

Great meeting Dave and I hope we can do this again next year for sure. And maybe even a smaller group before the season ends. Next year I will bring more food! Great group of people and the park rangers were nice enough to work with us and more importantly, super clean cars!

Post pics and video whenever they are available. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. (First on the list, making sure everyone in the convoy is accounted for. I could have done this better!)

chris_od

Established Member
IMG_20150725_181937.jpg

20150725_092933.jpg

20150725_092928.jpg

20150725_092921.jpg

FuturaGuy

Established Member
I sincerely apologize for the broken up cruise and some of the group that got lost along the way.

No need to apologize - keeping a caravan of 40 or 50 cars together is almost impossible under the best of circumstances.

I have a couple of suggestions for what they're worth. Have printed copies of the route available before we start out. Also have a designated leader and a designated tail-end Charlie, either with passengers or hands-free cell phones, so they can keep in touch.

Thanks for organizing the event. It was a good time with a lot nice cars and great people.

lxfiveo

Established Member
Saw some of the pic's over the weekend, bummed I couldn't make it, looked like a great turn out.

Yo Ian..what's up?!

Colt State Park was always one f my favorite spots to hit up....loved having our mini-car show there. Seriously, who wants to sit around on an asphalt parking lot all day anyhow?! lol Just a beautiful location....you guys in RI are lucky to have it.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Yo Ian..what's up?!

Colt State Park was always one f my favorite spots to hit up....loved having our mini-car show there. Seriously, who wants to sit around on an asphalt parking lot all day anyhow?! lol Just a beautiful location....you guys in RI are lucky to have it.

Holy shit!! Steve!! What's going on man? Where you at these days? If you are on FB, send me a request, would be good to catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread