5th Annual Colt State Park Meet Official Thread

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Making it official. July 25th with the 26th as the rain date. Pass the word on. Hoping with a month of notice the turn out will be nice.

OFFICIAL MEETING PLACE: Same place as always...9am @ Shaw's Supermarket parking lot North Attleboro, MA (exit 5 off of rte 95) leaving at approximately 9:30-9:45am

ARRIVAL: 11-11:30? Colt State Park Bristol, RI.

I will be arriving at the meeting place in North Attleboro at 8:30am if anyone wants to get there early.

Our Route will take us the same way as last year which is 95N to 495 South to 24 South etc.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to text me on my cell 508-232-0136.

Any suggestions to make this event even better would be cool. I'm planning on bringing a cooler with some drinks and sandwiches. Probably a football and a frisbee or something. They have charcoal grills on site but I've never used them. Pet friendly as well for anyone who rolls with their animals.

I've been to the park many times and it's great. Hopefully we'll be graced with some good weather!

P.S. please check this thread frequently for updates and details to follow.

Thanks everyone! -RICK

Last edited:

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
I should be good for that date. If you need to buy some food, I work for Shaws and get 5% off, so once I get the time off (If I can, should be able too), I could help get some food. Not a lot of saved money, but every penny counts I guess.....more mod money!

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
glad to see people can make this date. sounds great about the Shaws discount thanks Ford>Chevy!

f2hatch

Established Member
i highly doubt ill be ready but gives me something to shoot for

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Pumped for the positive feedback the dates are receiving. I think we're going to have a good turn out for this.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
I'm not sure if anyone is opposed, I've stressed this as a mustang/ford meet that is an SVTP tradition, but I'm getting interest from other vehicle owners to join. I used to own a Subaru, so I have a few Subaru followers that have asked.

What are people's thoughts on this? I don't want to ruin the meet. And if everything goes well with putting it together this year then I don't mind keeping it going in the coming years.

I remember running into the meet a couple years ago and it was primarily mustangs and Cobras.

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Good work with the FB page. Looks like its getting some great exposure

I'm not sure if anyone is opposed, I've stressed this as a mustang/ford meet that is an SVTP tradition, but I'm getting interest from other vehicle owners to join. I used to own a Subaru, so I have a few Subaru followers that have asked.

What are people's thoughts on this? I don't want to ruin the meet. And if everything goes well with putting it together this year then I don't mind keeping it going in the coming years.

I remember running into the meet a couple years ago and it was primarily mustangs and Cobras.

My personal opinion is I would like to keep it as is, an annual SVTp, New england mustang/Ford event.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Good work with the FB page. Looks like its getting some great exposure

My personal opinion is I would like to keep it as is, an annual SVTp, New england mustang/Ford event.

No problem. I'm going to try to get some more exposure and I'm also going to update the page and post that this is primarily a mustang meet. Any help stressing this to others would be appreciated

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
I say we keep it a Ford/SVT meet. If that's the tradition, I say stick to it......:shrug:

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Yea I agree! Trying my best to keep it Ford. I posted on the event in case there were people that were listed as going that were not ford owners.

Users who are viewing this thread