57yo male receives first pig heart transplant

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Doctors at the University of Maryland Medical Center say the transplant showed that a heart from a genetically modified animal can function in the human body without immediate rejection.

I was fascinated by this stuff as kid and often wanted to be a surgeon. Jarvak 7 artificial hearts, baboon hearts, pig livers.

Morbidly fascinated.

I remember in 7-8th grade coming across articles talking about the ethics and even a teacher said something to the effect of it "being immoral to raise animals just to take their organs".

It was at that time I began to hate leftists.

Dude in the article should have just got $50k together and had a nice vacation in China. He'd comeback 100%

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I was fascinated by this stuff as kid and often wanted to be a surgeon. Jarvak 7 artificial hearts, baboon hearts, pig livers.

Morbidly fascinated.

I remember in 7-8th grade coming across articles talking about the ethics and even a teacher said something to the effect of it "being immoral to raise animals just to take their organs".

It was at that time I began to hate leftists.

Dude in the article should have just got $50k together and had a nice vacation in China. He'd comeback 100%
Chinese hearts and Chinese parts! Both highly suspect!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is wild. The medical field is wild today. Things happening that are simply amazing, medically.

Machdup1

Established Member
Holy shit, Ricky Bobby was right:

“No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300. Heck, I just read in the newspaper that they put a pig heart in some guy from Russia. Do you know what that means?”

Users who are viewing this thread