(56K) Christmas in February?

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Well... sort of. Because I was deployed for the Christmas holiday, my family and I didn't get to exchange gifts until I returned two weeks ago. My parents decided to give me money towards a watch I've wanted for about 10 years--the Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer. We had to drive to Ann Arbor (two hours from my home city of Kalamazoo) to find the nearest Omega retailer and I bought it without hesitation. I decided on the quartz movement as opposed to the automatic because I was having a hard time justifying the additional $1,000 of cost. Here are some pictures:

IMG_0855.gif

IMG_0858.gif

IMG_0859.gif

IMG_0866.gif

IMG_0871.gif

IMG_0872.gif

After that, we decided to visit my Uncle Cliff. My Uncle and I have a special bond because I never had a biological grandfather on my father's side and because I'm the last male to carry on the Sperry name. The grandfather that I never had was killed when my Dad was only two weeks old. My Uncle Cliff is the closest I have that shares mine and my Dad’s last name. Anyways, because my Uncle is now 81, he wanted me to have this. I was beyond honored:

The gun came in this old, original box with even the original Smith & Wesson packaging paper it was wrapped in.
IMG_0876.gif

It's a Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum. He bought it in 1975 and he claims its never been shot! I believe it too, because the finish is flawless.
IMG_0882.gif

IMG_0887.gif

I thought this registration card was cool:
IMG_0893.gif

ghost96gt

Shoot to Thill
Established Member
because to some people a watch is more than just something to tell time!
Why would neone spend so much money on a cobra???
Love the watch by the way... i absoutly love omegas ever sense i saw one in person, i have wanted one. ill have to settle for my invicta watch :(

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice watch indeed! And......you have the means now to protect it from being stolen. LOL! Nice gun, too. You're obviously walking around with a huge smile on your face. Enjoy!

husker4life

speed demon
Established Member
because to some people a watch is more than just something to tell time!
Why would neone spend so much money on a cobra???
Love the watch by the way... i absoutly love omegas ever sense i saw one in person, i have wanted one. ill have to settle for my invicta watch :(

Well a watch only does one thing.. Tell time..
A car(cobra) does everything. Tell time(clock on the radio), listen to music, take you from point A to point B(home to work and back again along with other places), you can sleep in your car, go on a nice drive to calm your self down, go to the track and hand some dummies their asses and so on.. can a watch do any of that? No, it just tells time..

Oh and I love the gun by the way... SWEET...

nosvmax

03 Cobra (spoiler delete)
Established Member
I guess that's the difference between a yugo and a cobra, they'll both get you from A to B but....you know what I mean.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Well a watch only does one thing.. Tell time..
A car(cobra) does everything. Tell time(clock on the radio), listen to music, take you from point A to point B(home to work and back again along with other places), you can sleep in your car, go on a nice drive to calm your self down, go to the track and hand some dummies their asses and so on.. can a watch do any of that? No, it just tells time..

Oh and I love the gun by the way... SWEET...
a quality watch tells time more accurately then a cheap watch, it lasts longer, it is a fashion item, it get the pussy wet and the panties to drop, it makes the person who wears it feel better(priceless)

I think you might have missed the analogy that you quoted, a watch was not directly compared to a Cobra but instead to another watch. The point is both are not essential but does not mean that are not worth it.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Thanks everyone!

whats a watch like that run...?

$1950, but I heard a rumor from three separate jewelry stores that a couple days after I bought mine, Omega was raising their prices.

How can anyone spend that much on a watch..
It doesn't tell time any better than a $50 watch..

Easy. Because it's something I've always wanted and I could afford it. It is Swiss made and it will out last even my children. And it does keep better time than a $50 watch. Swiss watches are infamous for their precision and accuracy.

Thank you! I've wanted this watch ever since I was 13!

Nice watch indeed! And......you have the means now to protect it from being stolen. LOL! Nice gun, too. You're obviously walking around with a huge smile on your face. Enjoy!

Haha, thank you! Indeed, I am walking around with a big smile on my face. Typically, after a big purchase like this, I get buyer's remorse, but not this time--I was certain of my decision. Oh, and I definitely have the means to protect it. ;-)

IMG_0691.gif

0 to 60 in 60. Kinda slow, but always right on time.

Nice watch and gun. Congrats.

Haha, I had to read that twice. Thank you:-D

Last edited:

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
CONGRATS on the watch and thank you for your service. I'm an ex Army guy myself and I wanted a Seamaster since 97 finally went out and got one this past year. Best money ever spent. Don't let anyone question you on the price you earned it wearing the uniform.

Users who are viewing this thread