(56K) Christmas in February?

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
CONGRATS on the watch and thank you for your service. I'm an ex Army guy myself and I wanted a Seamaster since 97 finally went out and got one this past year. Best money ever spent. Don't let anyone question you on the price you earned it wearing the uniform.

Thanks you, it's nice to hear that.

mustang_00

Established Member
i must be retarded like that little kid on that movie mercury rising with bruce willis, cause i can totally make out your address and city..

=HOTWAD=

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Established Member
Love the watch...especially since I have the exact same one and LOVE IT! You will NOT be disappointed, I promise you. Its unbelieveable how scratch resistant it is...there have been several times where I thought I accidently scratched it(and wigged out mind you) but she shines just as perfect as ever...congrats man!

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
i must be retarded like that little kid on that movie mercury rising with bruce willis, cause i can totally make out your address and city..

For some reason, I find that hard to believe, but thank you for respecting my uncle's privacy.

Bond....James Bond. Nice watch man. I am an Omega Nut.

Everyone tells me it's the James Bond watch. I know little about James Bond, I just liked this watch! haha

Love the watch...especially since I have the exact same one and LOVE IT! You will NOT be disappointed, I promise you. Its unbelieveable how scratch resistant it is...there have been several times where I thought I accidently scratched it(and wigged out mind you) but she shines just as perfect as ever...congrats man!

That is awesome! I am very nervous when I wear it because I'm afraid I'm going to scratch it up. Are you talking about just the crystal or the stainless band as well? Thank you!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Very nice watch, I wish I owned one.

I've been to Kalamazoo, MI, visiting a cousin. My grandmother lives in Valparaiso, Ind., for what that's worth.

CWD

Established Member
Very nice watch! Special occasion or everyday wear?? I know I am rough on a watch at work. I'd be afraid I'd damage one that nice! Welcome home!:beer:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Very nice watch, I wish I owned one.

I've been to Kalamazoo, MI, visiting a cousin. My grandmother lives in Valparaiso, Ind., for what that's worth.

Yes, I'm familiar with Valparaiso. There is a hot air balloon event that I participate in called "The Popcorn Festival".

Very nice watch! Special occasion or everyday wear?? I know I am rough on a watch at work. I'd be afraid I'd damage one that nice! Welcome home!:beer:

Thank you! I only wear it for special occasions. I'm anal/OCD and if I scratched it, I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week! haha

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Nice toys. Well deserved. Remind me to not come knocking on your door late at night. Who needs a damn dog!

=HOTWAD=

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Established Member
That is awesome! I am very nervous when I wear it because I'm afraid I'm going to scratch it up. Are you talking about just the crystal or the stainless band as well? Thank you!

I was pretty nervous when I first started wearing it as well (every 5 min. or so you would see me carefully wiping the crystal), but the more you wear it and don't worry about it the better (kind of a psychological thing where if you worry too much you'll somehow ruin it, but if you don't give a flip it will stay in perfect condition...weird but true). The band will inevitably get a little worn...but just a little. The crystal, however, seems to be very resilient. As I said earlier there have been a few times where I thought I left a mark or scratched it but it ended up being just find and still looked absolutely perfect with a quick wipe (this has been my experience atleast). I wear my watch almost every day though. Sorry for a slightly longer post to a simple question, but something you spend a pretty penny on you want to atleast get some good reassurance on its quality!! Enjoy it man! :beer:

Oh and I get the same thing all the time about it being the James Bond watch...and I say the same thing: "I just liked this watch!" haha

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
I was pretty nervous when I first started wearing it as well (every 5 min. or so you would see me carefully wiping the crystal), but the more you wear it and don't worry about it the better (kind of a psychological thing where if you worry too much you'll somehow ruin it, but if you don't give a flip it will stay in perfect condition...weird but true). The band will inevitably get a little worn...but just a little. The crystal, however, seems to be very resilient. As I said earlier there have been a few times where I thought I left a mark or scratched it but it ended up being just find and still looked absolutely perfect with a quick wipe (this has been my experience atleast). I wear my watch almost every day though. Sorry for a slightly longer post to a simple question, but something you spend a pretty penny on you want to atleast get some good reassurance on its quality!! Enjoy it man! :beer:

Well that's comforting to hear!

Oh and I get the same thing all the time about it being the James Bond watch...and I say the same thing: "I just liked this watch!" haha

Haha, that exactly what I say!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread