5 weeks and still waiting on my 12 gt!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Well I'm in the position that if I don't get at least 1500 off I won't buy the car. It's not my fault the car isn't here yet or that the dealer maybe lied and told said they had allocation when it's obvious they didn't. I didn't put money down or sign anything it was all by mouth. so if he doesn't call today with good news I'm going to tell him to cancle and I'll go find one on a lot or a fairly used 12. seems Like there are more brembo equipped stangs now on lots.

Did you go by and see if the other car was a twin to your order? Most likely the rebates will be the same or better, but the dealer still has the option to sell the car for a lower price in conjuction with the rebate to satisfy the customer.

My point in the previous message was that a dealer can't show a $1500 rebate when it is not available. You will sign a rebate and incentive form in F&I with the dollar amount and applicable program number for the incentives being claimed.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
Good news, i have a full VIN now typed it in FordETIS site and I got same thing as Erich, Build date:30.11.0002. So i hope that doesnt mean 11/30 build. windowsticker did not show up yet. They told me that there was a way where they can lock in the rebates/incentives until it gets here. He said that next week they will have an estimated time of arrival. have my fingers crossed now.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Good news, i have a full VIN now typed it in FordETIS site and I got same thing as Erich, Build date:30.11.0002. So i hope that doesnt mean 11/30 build. windowsticker did not show up yet. They told me that there was a way where they can lock in the rebates/incentives until it gets here. He said that next week they will have an estimated time of arrival. have my fingers crossed now.

when you car moves onto the production line that date will change to a real date with a real year, just like pinocchio turned into a real boy :beer:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

The only way to do that is to sign all of your paperwork now that you have the vin.... but that would be crazy to do IMO. That does look like a 11/30 build date..?

pixlix

Established Member
Damn people are still waiting on their brand new 2012s to arrive, shit I already have a salvage 2012 kona blue gt that i bought at an auction sitting in my driveway waiting to be fixed

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The only way to do that is to sign all of your paperwork now that you have the vin.... but that would be crazy to do IMO. That does look like a 11/30 build date..?
it is NOT rpt NOT an 11/30 build date. it is a placeholder ONLY! they ALL say that until the actual build starts then it is changed to the date the car moved onto the production line. my ETIS report said that for a couple of weeks. My window sticker said the build date would be 9/12 while the ETIS said 11.30.0002 it changed to 09.13.2011 once the build started and the Full report was populated on the 15th I think it was.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Damn people are still waiting on their brand new 2012s to arrive, shit I already have a salvage 2012 kona blue gt that i bought at an auction sitting in my driveway waiting to be fixed

cool story

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
it is NOT rpt NOT an 11/30 build date. it is a placeholder ONLY! they ALL say that until the actual build starts then it is changed to the date the car moved onto the production line. my ETIS report said that for a couple of weeks. My window sticker said the build date would be 9/12 while the ETIS said 11.30.0002 it changed to 09.13.2011 once the build started and the Full report was populated on the 15th I think it was.

OK, SORRY! lol

Either way, I hope the guy gets his car soon.

kona12

Established Member
Same here told me Grabber blue atleast 8 weeks. I said no way. ended up with 2012 Kona blue love the color very happy

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Anyone know when the fordetis site will update my build date? I just checked today and it's still the same. I just got a vin this Friday.
have you checked for your window sticker yet ? ETIS will NOT update until the window sticker has been issued. the window sticker will have your build date in the upper left hand corner. ETIS should populate the friday before that date.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What site can I get the window sticker?

services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=xxxxxxxxxxxx

copy the above into your browser with HTTP:// in front of it and replace the xx's with YOUR vin number. if the window sticker is pulled it will download it. if it has not been pulled you won't get anything.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
the link does not load, it says link does not began with pdf. anyway the sales manager called me today and told me my estimated time of arrival is oct19. Hope he is right but i still cant get a window sticker or the fordETIS has not been updated on the build date. Any ideas

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
the link does not load, it says link does not began with pdf. anyway the sales manager called me today and told me my estimated time of arrival is oct19. Hope he is right but i still cant get a window sticker or the fordETIS has not been updated on the build date. Any ideas

if you copied what I wrote EXACTLY changing ONLY the xxxx to your vin, your results would mean that your window sticker has not been generated yet. it is kinda strange the way they do that. instead of just returning a result of "no window sticker with that vin" they give you nothing or return some strange ass error like you got. if you PM me your vin I will give it a shot and see if my results are different.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
I am able to view the window sticker online now, it shows a build date of 120111010, which is a build date of 10/10/11. I was told an ETA of 10/19. window stickers shows everything as order, except that im gonna see if they don put the front license plate bracket on so i can get the one that mounts from behind the bumper cover.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I am able to view the window sticker online now, it shows a build date of 120111010, which is a build date of 10/10/11. I was told an ETA of 10/19. window stickers shows everything as order, except that im gonna see if they don put the front license plate bracket on so i can get the one that mounts from behind the bumper cover.

Congrats, you are getting close. Still think that it would be hard to build, buck, QC, ship and arrive by 19th. Hopefully you will get it soon!

Users who are viewing this thread