5 weeks and still waiting on my 12 gt!

04sonicbeast

Established Member
Today will be five weeks since I placed my order and called the sales manager and nothing yet, not even a vin number! Should I be worried that it's not foundry be here before the end of the month? I'm so anxious I've called every week and they don't have any info yet. He said order was placed 7/6/11. And that they did have allocations and priority 10! I hope Friday I get a call with a vin. But if I don't have it by end of august which will be two months I
Gonna say forget this shit and find one on a lot even though it won't be the color I want or get something else. I hope this mt82 issue isn't holding production up!

04sonicbeast

Established Member
I would not wait 20 weeks, the assembly plant is 60 miles north from me, the longest I will wait is the first week of august. I didn't put any money down it's just I know the general manager at my dealer and delt with him, I just don't want to tell him that I give up but if I have to I will. I don't know what I would get, maybe wait for the new srt-8 grand Cherokee? Or a used 10 shelby? I really hope I hear some news by next friday

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Be patient :)

Depending on what you ordered, the allocation, build schedule and any commodities it may take a little while to build.

I'm currently waiting on my build date of 8/22 for the Raptor. Driving me insane, but it will be worth the wait.

cdog1157

Established Member
10 weeks here, but you can call the Ford Customer Service hotline and give them your order number and get more accurate info than from your dealer. My dealer couldn't tell me crap about my order the whole way through. FCS even told me what day it was showing to be delivered and when I showed up my saleslady said she didn't know anything about it. So she went to check and sure enough my car was there, lol.

Swoope

Established Member
I would not wait 20 weeks, the assembly plant is 60 miles north from me, the longest I will wait is the first week of august. I didn't put any money down it's just I know the general manager at my dealer and delt with him, I just don't want to tell him that I give up but if I have to I will. I don't know what I would get, maybe wait for the new srt-8 grand Cherokee? Or a used 10 shelby? I really hope I hear some news by next friday

to funny,

oac sparky could answer your timetable for you.. really if you read around if you get it in less than 12 weeks your are doing good. the close assembly plant helps, but just a bit.

btw, did you order it with the elec package as that is the big hold up right now.

sparky, great to see you here!

beers

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Today will be five weeks since I placed my order and called the sales manager and nothing yet, not even a vin number! Should I be worried that it's not foundry be here before the end of the month? I'm so anxious I've called every week and they don't have any info yet. He said order was placed 7/6/11. And that they did have allocations and priority 10! I hope Friday I get a call with a vin. But if I don't have it by end of august which will be two months I
Gonna say forget this shit and find one on a lot even though it won't be the color I want or get something else. I hope this mt82 issue isn't holding production up!

If they have the allocation and your priority is 10, then something is holding it up..... Did the dealer say whether or not he has any other special orders? Generally dealers place inventory orders with a higher priority code so the special orders will be pulled first. As someone stated above, there may be some type of commodity restriction on one of your options.

edit: Went back and saw that you ordered a base 300a car with 3.73's/Brembo package. Have your dealer look into the commodity restrictions and how they relate to the 300a/6spd GT.

Last edited:

BV600

Established Member
Ive been waiting for 3 months, but mine is getting delivered to Germany

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
normally 6-9 weeks

You are correct, however there is an allocation issue in some areas. For instance here in Florida, I have been watching inventory and it has not been increasing. When speaking with the dealers they have mentioned that their allocation has been significantly cut back.

Having ordered Kona Blue I'm worried that my car will either be pushed back or swapped with Sonic Blue...

It will not be automatically changed, as it will just sit in the order bank. That is why I told you previously to check on whether or not this color is going to hold up your order. I know that your manager stated it wouldn't, but I will tell you that your should lift your previously mentioned time table "by the end of the year". You should ask the dealer when their next "wholesale meeting" is in regards to their allocation and how many more weeks do they have in this particular ordering period. Every dealer is has an order schedule provided to them by their Rep. and is clearly defines how many cars they can order. On top of that, the factory has commodity restraints on what the orders can be. So they may have 10 mustangs available over the next 5 weeks, but most likely there is a restrictin on how many of these can be GT's.

For instance: The dealer my be able to order 4 mustangs this week, but this can't exceed 2 GT's so they will have to order 2 V6's to fill the orders. Of the 2 GT's, there may be further restrictions such as no more than 50% 300A (So basically they can only order 1 base GT). And to further complicate, they may restrict the transmissions relating to the package. This is just a simple example of how complicated it can be to manage the inventory. With the Rapid spec, ordering has become much simpler but you still have some stand alone options that may hold up orders.

While a lot of managers will just look at an order sheet and say "yeah we have the allocation" and take your order, if this person is not completely in tune with what the order consists of and how it relates to allocation and commodity restrictions...... the order can linger in the system for a long time regardless of the Priority Code.

Last edited:

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
Bodymore, Murderland (Baltimore, Maryland)
You are correct, however there is an allocation issue in some areas. For instance here in Florida, I have been watching inventory and it has not been increasing. When speaking with the dealers they have mentioned that their allocation has been significantly cut back.

It will not be automatically changed, as it will just sit in the order bank. That is why I told you previously to check on whether or not this color is going to hold up your order. I know that your manager stated it wouldn't, but I will tell you that your should lift your previously mentioned time table "by the end of the year". You should ask the dealer when their next "wholesale meeting" is in regards to their allocation and how many more weeks do they have in this particular ordering period. Every dealer is has an order schedule provided to them by their Rep. and is clearly defines how many cars they can order. On top of that, the factory has commodity restraints on what the orders can be. So they may have 10 mustangs available over the next 5 weeks, but most likely there is a restrictin on how many of these can be GT's.

For instance: The dealer my be able to order 4 mustangs this week, but this can't exceed 2 GT's so they will have to order 2 V6's to fill the orders. Of the 2 GT's, there may be further restrictions such as no more than 50% 300A (So basically they can only order 1 base GT). And to further complicate, they may restrict the transmissions relating to the package. This is just a simple example of how complicated it can be to manage the inventory. With the Rapid spec, ordering has become much simpler but you still have some stand alone options that may hold up orders.

While a lot of managers will just look at an order sheet and say "yeah we have the allocation" and take your order, if this person is not completely in tune with what the order consists of and how it relates to allocation and commodity restrictions...... the order can linger in the system for a long time regardless of the Priority Code.

Good to know. Thank you sir! :beer:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Having ordered Kona Blue I'm worried that my car will either be pushed back or swapped with Sonic Blue...

I am in the process of ordering up a 2012 focus. when I first did the build they had kona blue and candy blue clearcoat metallic I think it was called. I decided to make some changes and now it has been changed, kona blue is no longer listed and sonic blue is. have no clue why but if you have your heart set on kona blue I would look into it

Users who are viewing this thread