5 weeks and still waiting on my 12 gt!

Erich

Established Member
My 29Aug build date never happened. Rescheduled to 03Oct. Sucks. Maybe I should cancel.
Erich

Update from the dealer: It was the availability of the brembo package tires that pushed the build date. I was mad/disappointed before-now back to being excited.

Century Ford in Mt. Airy has been good for doing tires and alignments on my other mustangs. They would set the caster/camber to whatever range I wanted etc. They seem good for buying new cars too.
Erich

Erich

Established Member
Dealer just said my 03Oct Build date has been moved up to 26Sep. Maybe things are getting better.
Erich

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Once you have your VIN you can actually track your car yourself and get the window sticker early to verify that you are getting what you ordered:

Untitled Page

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do enter your vin in the block

the Window sticker will show your build date and will show up on the site about a week or so before it is actually built. The ETIS report will show the a place holder for the build date until the build is started then the date will be populated with the real date and not much else until a day or so after the build is complete

Erich

Established Member
Cool. There is something a little wrong with that first link, can you update?
Thanks!!!
Erich

Erich

Established Member
Hmm. Second link is looking grim.. how to read that date?
Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Mustang (2005/)
Engine: MOD 5.0L-4V DOHC SEFI NA
Erich

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Cool. There is something a little wrong with that first link, can you update?
Thanks!!!
Erich

what did you get when you clicked on it? you should get a download screen that downloads your window sticker IF it has been generated. If it hasn't been generated yet you will still get the download link but adobe won't be able to open anything.

Hmm. Second link is looking grim.. how to read that date?
Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Mustang (2005/)
Engine: MOD 5.0L-4V DOHC SEFI NA
Erich
that is the place holder I was talking about. the date will change to your actual build date the day or the day after they start building your car. a day or so after they put a real date in there it will be populated with what I can only describe as an eletronic build sheet with all the major/minor components incluced in your car listed.

Erich

Established Member
Gotcha.
The first link gives an error that says file does not begin with '%PDF-'
I tried typing my vin into the link as well. Then typing %PDF-before the vin and it then gave me a page of error messages.
Thanks,
Erich

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Gotcha.
The first link gives an error that says file does not begin with '%PDF-'
I tried typing my vin into the link as well. Then typing %PDF-before the vin and it then gave me a page of error messages.
Thanks,
Erich

services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=xxxxxxxxxxxx

replace the xxxx wth your vin then copy and paste the ENTIRE thing into the address bar with HTTP:// in front of it you HAVE to have the V= as well

Erich

Established Member
Still could not get it to work. Maybe there is nothing in there yet. Will keep checking. Seems like there is so much data available there....
Erich

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Still could not get it to work. Maybe there is nothing in there yet. Will keep checking. Seems like there is so much data available there....
Erich

thats entirely possible. now that I think about it I use Internet Download Manager that takes over all downloads I do. so that may explain the difference between what you get and what I get. If you want to PM me your vin I will check it out and let you know for sure

04sonicbeast

Established Member
Well bad news for me again. My order has not been pulled yet. WTF is up with Ford? they told me it was the tires for the brembo pkg. It's gonna be 3 months the first week of Oct. I'm pissed but I'm still gonna hope it pulls this week as promised (again). I just think that I will never special order a car again! I just hate how their sstwm works because a few people on here ordered after I did and already have their cars. I ordered mine 7/6. And nothing yet

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well bad news for me again. My order has not been pulled yet. WTF is up with Ford? they told me it was the tires for the brembo pkg. It's gonna be 3 months the first week of Oct. I'm pissed but I'm still gonna hope it pulls this week as promised (again). I just think that I will never special order a car again! I just hate how their sstwm works because a few people on here ordered after I did and already have their cars. I ordered mine 7/6. And nothing yet

I would call your dealer and ask him to send you a copy of the DORA report. That will tell you the priority that has been set for your car. I assume it works for mustangs the way it does for the Focus and each dealer has an allotment and that determines their priority.

it is also possible that they fubar'd your order, know it, and have reordered with the right specs. over on the focus board there have been guys that got silver when they ordered grey, ordered one kind of wheels and when they got their window sticker it shows that they fubard the order and his was coming with the wrong wheels. he is still fighting them on that one.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
Yeah I talked to the manager yesterday and he told me what I posted. He also said to call Friday and see if it pulled. I hope they didn't order it wrong but then again a friend said they have a grabber blue mustang on the lot now and asked if it was mine but it can't be since I was told mine hasn't been pulled. I'm gonna drive by later and see. my hopes are up that it's here mid Oct. Now

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yeah I talked to the manager yesterday and he told me what I posted. He also said to call Friday and see if it pulled. I hope they didn't order it wrong but then again a friend said they have a grabber blue mustang on the lot now and asked if it was mine but it can't be since I was told mine hasn't been pulled. I'm gonna drive by later and see. my hopes are up that it's here mid Oct. Now

I would go by and see if the Grabber car is a twin......:dw:

04sonicbeast

Established Member
I just seen that the 1500.00 rebates on the mustang in my area expire 10/03/11. will the dealer honor it or should it since my car was supposed to be here this month? I mentioned it to the manager yesterday and he said that the rebates will get better. he said that last month when the 12's had 500.00 and then september it went up to 1500.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I just seen that the 1500.00 rebates on the mustang in my area expire 10/03/11. will the dealer honor it or should it since my car was supposed to be here this month? I mentioned it to the manager yesterday and he said that the rebates will get better. he said that last month when the 12's had 500.00 and then september it went up to 1500.

Dealer can't "honor" a rebate. At the time of sale/delivery, all applicable rebates are claimed through Ford. So you be get what is available when your car arrives.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
Well I'm in the position that if I don't get at least 1500 off I won't buy the car. It's not my fault the car isn't here yet or that the dealer maybe lied and told said they had allocation when it's obvious they didn't. I didn't put money down or sign anything it was all by mouth. so if he doesn't call today with good news I'm going to tell him to cancle and I'll go find one on a lot or a fairly used 12. seems Like there are more brembo equipped stangs now on lots.

Users who are viewing this thread