5.8 in the new S550 SVT?

s4awd

Established Member
Not sure if serious? The GT350 could be considerably faster than both around a race track without a DSG or AWD. Especially if this next car makes a decent amount more n/a than the Boss, is a little lighter with better suspension, brakes and much better weight distribution.

I should clarify, I was referring to muscle car fast :) stop light, drag strip 0-60 etc to win the muscle car war. There's a law of diminishing returns when it comes to straight line speed when it comes to adding more HP on a rear wheel drive front engine car with street tires. So it would make sense for Ford to go another route by making the car more balanced as Chevy did with the Z28 to get better performance and appeal to a much broader audience instead of one upping the HellCat by more hp.

specizripn

Established Member
If they use the trinity in a new GT500 with more power, they are really going to have to work on traction issues so the car isn't useless lol

BTrinanes

Established Member
Sorry folks, sounds like trinity is gone and so is the days of the blower:

"As we have reported since last summer, this new SVT Mustang is all motor—there's no supercharger.

It's derived from the 5.0-liter Coyote V8, with slightly higher displacement and a flat-plane crank. Expect a high-revving engine that pumps out 500+ hp. The massive HP battle has officially been ceded to Dodge and it's crazy 707-hp Hellcat V8. Ford proved its point already with the outgoing GT500 and is moving in a different direction entirely.

The Shelby GT350 is being positioned as a track star which, in the end, should be able to hold its own at the dragstrip as well. "

This is exactly what i heard from a very good friend of mine that works for Ford.. I thought he was full of crap, but this just backs it up..

stutter

eat me
Established Member
I don't care what the article says, the fact of the matter is, it has some different styling cues from the GT350 at the ring.....if you look closely, you will see. Also, their was two different cars testing at the ring, but I don't think anyone noticed the other one. It's all speculations now, but I like looking at the pictures and coming up with my own conclusions.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I don't care what the article says, the fact of the matter is, it has some different styling cues from the GT350 at the ring.....if you look closely, you will see. Also, their was two different cars testing at the ring, but I don't think anyone noticed the other one. It's all speculations now, but I like looking at the pictures and coming up with my own conclusions.

GT350
And
GT350R

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I noticed the two different cars right away, even the color schemes are different.

Give me a GT350R so I can slap twins on that bitch

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
We took a tour of Watson Racing last week on a trip to Dearborn. Surprisingly, they came right out and confirmed the GT350 AND that they would be responsible for a VIN'd R model. Also confirmed that its a flat crank NA, and since they produced the BOSS S, I can only assume they have a race only version down the line as well.

I notice a few of you have mentioned the Trinity. The bombshell of the trip came when I heard the Romeo engine plant was closed off to tours because the plant was working on Voodoo and a NEW big block to replace the 5.8 -and said as if that information was just common knowledge.

I've heard rumors, and I usually don't throw much weight into their content. But this would make sense if Ford does decide to throw a Mach 1 or Boss 429 at the Hellcat.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
We took a tour of Watson Racing last week on a trip to Dearborn. Surprisingly, they came right out and confirmed the GT350 AND that they would be responsible for a VIN'd R model. Also confirmed that its a flat crank NA, and since they produced the BOSS S, I can only assume they have a race only version down the line as well.

I notice a few of you have mentioned the Trinity. The bombshell of the trip came when I heard the Romeo engine plant was closed off to tours because the plant was working on Voodoo and a NEW big block to replace the 5.8 -and said as if that information was just common knowledge.

I've heard rumors, and I usually don't throw much weight into their content. But this would make sense if Ford does decide to throw a Mach 1 or Boss 429 at the Hellcat.

You dropped a bomb. Wow.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Also confirmed that its a flat crank NA, and since they produced the BOSS S, I can only assume they have a race only version down the line as well.
So what's interesting about this is I was told that the FPC engine was a reality about a month ago. I was also told that the FPC GT350 wasn't the biggest surprise and I speculated it was a TT "voodoo" engine we've been hearing about. I can't wait to hear about the details on voodoo. I'll report back after this weekend what I find out about the new car from the GoPro IndyCar and Pirelli World Challenge race.

Mombo

Established Member
Kaboom / mach 1 / boss 429 / svt cobra / gt500 / gt350 / voodoo / trinity / fomoco /

Surprisingly, they came right out and confirmed the GT350 AND that they would be responsible for a VIN'd R model. Also confirmed that its a flat crank NA,

But this would make sense if Ford does decide to throw a Mach 1 or Boss 429 at the Hellcat.

You dropped a bomb. Wow.

KABOOM!!!:read: Check Out These Two Threads On VooDoo ;-)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-Hellcat-dyno-numbers&p=14365862#post14365862

http://blog.americanmuscle.com/hors...social&utm_campaign=fbpost7252014voodooengine

:coolman:

Voodoo-Blog-Banner.jpgImage21.jpgImage19.jpg2015Mustang-svt-gt350-8.jpg2015Mustang-svt-gt350-1.jpg

Last edited:

steeltoe

Established Member
JD09GT500, can you or anyone else state whether or not that starter fits other engines as well?
It same starter at every mod moter uses and I bet Ford uses it on the new enginers as well. Ford by law has to stock a Motorcraft partnumber of an out of production car for 10 years.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Damn! That was a big info drop! I say we keep it in here and act like people are crazy that they hadn't heard about it long ago when it finally hits roadside or pics n vids lol.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I always tied the TTV8 project to the codename "Bobcat" which goes back way beyond 09; more around 06-07 or so. Same goes for the 777 project.

steeltoe

Established Member
I always tied the TTV8 project to the codename "Bobcat" which goes back way beyond 09; more around 06-07 or so. Same goes for the 777 project.

777 was the all out race E-85 powered 6.2L that Don Bowles ran for Roush but the street engines were code named the boss and hurricane. I think the first rumors for the 6.2L were back in 03/04, Ford changed the code name from Hurricane to Boss after Hurricane Katrina. Some of the off-road guys had the 6.2L before Don had it in his mustang.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I want to know when mustang6g became a reputable source of info instead of its usual wild speculation.

It hasn't.

Any idiot with $100 can open their own site, and spread rumors.

Or people can listen to the people that actually have a clue.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
777 is tied to an address in Dearborn, not a particular product. When you hear a 777 project, that can mean either a Roush project or a Roush/SVT project. There have been many.

777 Republic Dr., which is not coincidentally next door to SVT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread