5.0 stroker MPH built Twin turbo

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
im surprised that Tim uses the tailpipe readings vs the wideband in the 02 sensor bung.

cool car though

Blown02

Established Member
nxstangman said:
When Tim was tuning the car he said the 57mm guys were not really making anymore power and 50mm's were kicking in over 1k rpm's sooner.When JW was building the car we opted for the 50's cause they come in sooner.Even if the 57's make more power we should win a street race with less boost lag. Decided to 5.0 stroker for extra torque to get in the boost faster and spray on the other end.THe car has not seen the race tune yet and went 134mph on the street tune and drag radials
hmm.. well I have a 01 cobra motor.. it just has a forged bottom end, no stroker, stock heads.. and hp twin 57mm turbos..

The power seems to come on pretty close... Compare my 15psi to his 15psi..Remember, I dont have a stroker.
Mine.. 15psi in blue
151820psidynograph.jpg

His 15psi in red:
50mm.jpg

Last edited:

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
quadcammer said:
im surprised that Tim uses the tailpipe readings vs the wideband in the 02 sensor bung.

cool car though

Makes no difference unless the car has cats....

I thought the same thing, but I've tried it both ways on more than 1 car and it was less than .1 difference. As long as it doesn't have cats.

nxstangman

Established Member
Not sure if he wants me to post et's or notI will just say it was in the 10sec range with drag radials and a horribly untuned rear susp setup.(didn't find out till watching the video afterwards.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
That is one sick beast! Makes me regret going the blowzilla route big time. Sure I have instant torque but who cares, turbo's don't have belt issues and kick major mid range and top end butt!

Users who are viewing this thread