5.0 stroker MPH built Twin turbo

nxstangman

Established Member
Just for the record. MPH didn't build the car. That 01 cobra belongs to my friend Jonathan White and we built the car(Him mostly with help from a few other friends.)MPH did tune it though and did a fantastic job. The motor,the turbo kit and several other things were purchased through MPH. That car is a blast to ride in by the way. Makes me not want to drive my 415 hp GT lol.

Blown02

Established Member
thats impressive. I wonder if he changed to 57s if it would make more power at the same psi? I know the 50s are sopposed to reach peak boost a little earlier, but are they still efficent at that power?

nxstangman

Established Member
When Tim was tuning the car he said the 57mm guys were not really making anymore power and 50mm's were kicking in over 1k rpm's sooner.When JW was building the car we opted for the 50's cause they come in sooner.Even if the 57's make more power we should win a street race with less boost lag. Decided to 5.0 stroker for extra torque to get in the boost faster and spray on the other end.THe car has not seen the race tune yet and went 134mph on the street tune and drag radials

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
man that thing is crazy! Im really starting to think about a single setup now!

03_svtzilla

Banned
BrewSnake said:
man that thing is crazy! Im really starting to think about a single setup now!
Do it you will be so happy.Tim also did my car.Modular powerhouse rocks and they are very nice but also very busy.My car is there now for some extras .Tim got my car to make over 700 rwhp on mostly pump on race gas the car makes north of 800 when i get it back it should be close to 900.

Users who are viewing this thread