5.0 hellion TT

cannman440

Established Member
Well after a few weekends some bloody knuckles and some bud light my car is finished. Bone stock 13 gt with 280 miles. Installed hellions base TT kit id1000 injectors and a full turbo back 3" exhaust. I'll pick the car up tomorrow and post up the dyno sheet. At 5.5psi she made 605rwhp we ended up at 7psi making 640+. The kit was pretty stright forward and only had a few issues but nothing major. I'll also post up some videos of the car when I get it.

20130419_224935.jpg

Last edited:

cannman440

Established Member
Yeah m6. As soon as I get some new shoes under her I'll be going to the track. Right now I got stock tires on stock wheels. It would be a smoke fest.

poof100

Established Member
Did you use any other Fuel upgrades besides the Injectors? I'm looking at doing the Hellion TT kit on my Boss but debating if I should do a fuel system from JPC when they do the install.

Interested to see the results. Can you elaborate more on your Exhaust setup? Was it all custom or did you use a Kooks mid pipe etc?

BUCKET

Established Member
Proof. Do fuel system, you won't be sorry. PM if you want, I have a '13 hellion TT boss

440. Awesome numbers!

cannman440

Established Member
At the 640+ there was no fuel issues. The exhast was all pypes cat delete h pype and catback pypes system. I'm not sure how loud it is but can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

poof100

Established Member
Proof. Do fuel system, you won't be sorry. PM if you want, I have a '13 hellion TT boss

440. Awesome numbers!

Thanks man, yeah I've followed your build etc. I have a White 13 Boss like yours, but kept the stripes. I've been leaning towards doing the Fuel system as I never liked the BAP idea, going back to when they first came out. You have a full stainless works exhaust if I remember right?

At the 640+ there was no fuel issues. The exhast was all pypes cat delete h pype and catback pypes system. I'm not sure how loud it is but can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

Awesome, glad to hear. Your car sounds nasty, can't wait to see the pics etc. I have to run Cats to pass emissions here in N VA so I don't have any other choice :( I might have to do a custom Mid pipe with Cats to hook up to the RTR Axle back.

cannman440

Established Member
The shop said removing cats on there single turbo picked up almost 40rwhp after retuning of course

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Awesome congrats on the install :thumbsup:

Can't wait for these videos :pop:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
WHat kind of dyno? You did 6262's right? 5.5 psi 605whp sounds crazy, and 640whp with no BAP?

cannman440

Established Member
Yeah the basic kit no upgrades. 62mm twins. No bap no nothing. People running pd or centri blowers need them due to the fact the motor has to make more power to get that rwhp due to the drag on the motor. I belive it was a dynojet dyno.

Last edited:

CSG

Established Member
True or not I was told that I could get close to 800rwhp with just the BAP and my ID1000's with the twins. VMP made 840rw with just a BAP on their TVS boss as well. I decided to give it a try before I purchase a fuel system.

BUCKET

Established Member
Yeah. U can tap 800rwhp with just BAP and injectors. My plans are beyond that so I did a real fuel system with no bandaid.

I got stainless works exhaust. But Bassanni make one for the kit too. I haven't heard the Bassani but think it would be awesome

poof100

Established Member
True or not I was told that I could get close to 800rwhp with just the BAP and my ID1000's with the twins. VMP made 840rw with just a BAP on their TVS boss as well. I decided to give it a try before I purchase a fuel system.

I'm almost positive that the TVS blower on the boss at 800hp was on Race gas.

Like others have pointed out you have to account for BFC on Blowers for the additional fuel needed to turn the blower.

CSG

Established Member
I'm almost positive that the TVS blower on the boss at 800hp was on Race gas.

Like others have pointed out you have to account for BFC on Blowers for the additional fuel needed to turn the blower.

The 840 on the Boss was race gas. I just included it as a reference point since it is making great power while still having to spin the blower without a fuel system. This to me backs up that these cars can make around 8 with the turbos without a return fuel system. I'll find out either way. If I can get 8 with what I have then I will play at that level for a while...

BUCKET

Established Member
My boy with first hellion TT boss made right around 8rwhp on boss with BAP.

I have made 862 @12psi so far with return setup.

But those are boss motors. On 93 pump gas.

Users who are viewing this thread