4l80e ordered have questions and need ideas

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
So I got my 4l80e being built by hughes performance it should be here in a week or week and a half. What else should I need to order why I wait for the trans to arrive.do most of you auto guys run trans coolers? I am assuming yes And everyone post up pictures of your shifter set ups and what kind of shifter I need ideas on what I want to do with the shifter.

Last edited:

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Yup, need a trans cooler. And either keep shifter in stock location or relocate it. I have plenty of pictures and kept an excel file for all my parts and I'm dreading putting that thread together... I'll post a few pics though real quick...

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
B&M Pro Ratchet Shifter - $200
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-80842

Hurst T-Handle - $50
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/huu-1530010

Shifter Relocation Kit - $180
Custom made by member; 4sdvenom

null-4.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-8.jpg

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
On my turbo car I ran the HiTek cooler behind the bumper as well.

Cooler.JPG

Also had a custom center console like Killspray as well with a B&M ProRatchet

Console.JPG

Console3.JPG

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
those look great, and the position is better then a hammer in the stock position. i may have to do this myself later. thanks for the pics guys

I8URLS1

Established Member
Damn that got to you pretty quick! What bell housing is on it? I just received my 4l80e from Jakes Performance, just awaiting the bellhousing at this point. I wish I knew if that guy was still making those shifter bezels.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
What is your guys' TOTAL cost outlay for the 4L80E including trans, converter, shifter, cooler, gauges, shipping and misc stuff? I think this is the only option for me if I ever decided to go auto because my car will remain a street car and I want OD. Thanks

I8URLS1

Established Member
What is your guys' TOTAL cost outlay for the 4L80E including trans, converter, shifter, cooler, gauges, shipping and misc stuff? I think this is the only option for me if I ever decided to go auto because my car will remain a street car and I want OD. Thanks

I still have to order the converter, shifter, flexplate, driveshaft. Plan to spend 7-8k when it's all said and done

It also depends what stage you go with, I went with Jakes Performance stage 5 which he has a customer making 1800whp with the same trans and quite a few LS trucks making 1300-1400whp in 4500lbs vehicles.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Like I8urls1 said about $7-8 and my car has never been to the track since I have owned it so its 100% street car that's why I chose to go 4l80e got to have the OD.
Damn that got to you pretty quick! What bell housing is on it? I just received my 4l80e from Jakes Performance, just awaiting the bellhousing at this point. I wish I knew if that guy was still making those shifter bezels.

I had hughes performance build my 4l80e and they have a no adapter billet housing that came with my Trans. I have contacted the guy that makes the shifter bezels and he said he might make more when he catches up on current orders. But I know over on modular fords there quite a few guys not very happy with waiting a few months and no communication.

Last edited:

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Like I8urls1 said about $7-8 and my car has never been to the track since I have owned it so its 100% street car that's why I chose to go 4l80e got to have the OD.

I had hughes performance build my 4l80e and they have a no adapter billet housing that came with my Trans. I have contacted the guy that makes the shifter bezels and he said he might make more when he catches up on current orders. But I know over on modular fords there quite a few guys not very happy with waiting a few months and no communication.

I had no communication, because I did not have a working computer to access the internet.

I am working on taking care of all outstanding orders on MF.com and will NOT take anymore orders until them if at all.

Ken

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I had no communication, because I did not have a working computer to access the internet.

I am working on taking care of all outstanding orders on MF.com and will NOT take anymore orders until them if at all.

Ken

Well if you decide to make some more I really like them and would buy one.

itSSlow98

Established Member
So how is this coming along. Im about at that point where I need to go auto. What are you doing for a crossmember? And for those with a hellion single kit does the crossover pipe from the drivers side to the passneger side clear the 4l80 or does that pipe have to be modified?

Last edited:

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
So how is this coming along. Im about at that point where I need to go auto. What are you doing for a crossmember? And for those with a hellion single kit does the crossover pipe from the drivers side to the passneger side clear the 4l80 or does that pipe have to be modified?

Well not coming along at all right now I am out of town working in Montana and will be gone till Christmas time. I am in the process of trying to get a hold of hans @ deans performance in Chicago to get the car up to him and get everything installed and a couple other things. As far as the crossmember I have heard you can modify the stock member but I am unsure of what's Involved in that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread