400rwhp to the tire stock

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine made 397 HP/371 FT-LB in completely stock form. No intake, exhaust, etc. I'll post a dyno sheet later when I get home from work.

I totally believe you. Now I know that dynos vary as far as numbers (SAE), but since 2002 I've seen a ton of dyno sheets posted. And the highest number I remember seeing (with a chart) is 399 to the wheels. Someone once reported around 405 but I don't remember ever seeing a chart to back it up. Mine, bone stock, made 365. A local friend's '04 made 393 bone stock.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I totally believe you. Now I know that dynos vary as far as numbers (SAE), but since 2002 I've seen a ton of dyno sheets posted. And the highest number I remember seeing (with a chart) is 399 to the wheels. Someone once reported around 405 but I don't remember ever seeing a chart to back it up. Mine, bone stock, made 365. A local friend's '04 made 393 bone stock.

Did you ever line up and race both cars side by side to see if one was actually faster? I think varying dyno's is the biggest part of why we see these numbers all over.

Jefe

Established Member
423 with intake/exhaust

DynoSheet-1.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you ever line up and race both cars side by side to see if one was actually faster? I think varying dyno's is the biggest part of why we see these numbers all over.

Never raced him. As far as the numbers being all over, it isn't just about variances between dynos. The actual range I've personally seen is a low of 340rwhp and a high of 395. All on Dynojets. That's quite a spread. These cars did vary a bit from the factory. I agree, though, that dynos do play a small role in the number variances. Weather conditions play a small part, too.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Mine completely stock put down 394 and 384 tq before engine completely warmed up. On second run it put down 396 and 384 tq to the wheels. I have had a bunch holler BS but it did and I have the dyno sheets to prove. Also of all the other cars that dyno'd that day none were more than 5 RWHP from any previous dyno sessions. And they had the print outs to back them up.

I'll post my runs this evening when I am back home.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine completely stock put down 394 and 384 tq before engine completely warmed up. On second run it put down 396 and 384 tq to the wheels. I have had a bunch holler BS but it did and I have the dyno sheets to prove. Also of all the other cars that dyno'd that day none were more than 5 RWHP from any previous dyno sessions. And they had the print outs to back them up.

I'll post my runs this evening when I am back home.

:rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Iron Fist, and that's on a Mustang dyno so the numbers would be higher on a Dynojet.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I should have taken a picture and then transferred it but here it is. 396.2 @ 6165 rpm. It should have been a little more smooth but the stock tires smoked/slipped some on the dyno. I did not notice it until I watched the video a few times and could see it coming off the tires every now and then.

dynorun2-chart.jpg

I'll try to get up a better shop.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
STD #'s were around 425rwhp, but no one counts those, unless your a douche!

:poke:

I think posting an std corrected sheet is fine, just as long as everyone realizes its about 2-2.5% more than the same run corrected sae. it's just a mathematical fact of the base assumptions between the two factors. if you get the dyno shop to save the runs to a disk, you can view them from your own computer at home and change the factors and a whole bunch of other display stuff to whatever you want

Dynojet Research Inc. - Software - Downloads

wvmystichrome

Established Member
:poke:

I think posting an std corrected sheet is fine, just as long as everyone realizes its about 2-2.5% more than the same run corrected sae. it's just a mathematical fact of the base assumptions between the two factors. if you get the dyno shop to save the runs to a disk, you can view them from your own computer at home and change the factors and a whole bunch of other display stuff to whatever you want

Dynojet Research Inc. - Software - Downloads

Alright. Lets do some math then if you want corrected figures using the 2 - 2.5% correction. At 396.2 standard rwhp and that is with tire slip then that is still 386 - 388 rwhp SAE CORRECTED using your figures. Still to me that's not to bad. This is why I can't wait to get on Hissman's dyno just to see what I put down on a different one. The debate continues............

Last edited:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Hissman's dyno? You mean using the same one that he uses?

No he and his brother bought their own that's built into/on a trailer. We wanted him to bring it down here where I live to a show and do some dyno runs but they had previous engagements. I think his is a Dynojet dyno.

Here is a picture I got from another site.

100_5700.jpg

Picture024.jpg

258471.jpg

258463.jpg

I hope Jeff doesn't come find me over these pics but I'll take the chance. HA HA.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Man, you could set that thing up on a parking lot and do some dyno polls! That would be hillarious!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Thats what they have been doing. Thats where most of the pics were taken. Companies and car shows have dyno days to go along with their events. It is a big draw and a decent money maker. They guy who came to a couple of the shows I went to charged either $65.00 or $50.00 for 2 runs. The first show he came to he made lots of green. The second show he finally got to start putting everything away at 10:00 pm. It may have gone to the monthly payments but hey it helped pay for itself. Hissman's is a whole lot nicer since it is built into its own trailer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread