400 RWHP NA build

recordbreaker5

suck-push-bang-blow
Established Member
That LC is too high for an FR500 intake and a stock stroke/bore engine. I had the concern that they were too long when he posted the specs. Did he or whoever ordered the cams tell Comp that the pistons had no reliefs?

Listen, this engine makes great peak power for a pump gas combo and kudos to all involved.

You dont even know where the IC or EC are, all I gave you was LSA. You don't know where the opening and closing points are. So much info you don't know but yet you are making assumptions. The centerlines can be in various spots with the same lobe sep. Good talk, but I'm out.

recordbreaker5

suck-push-bang-blow
Established Member
That LC is too high for an FR500 intake and a stock stroke/bore engine. I had the concern that they were too long when he posted the specs. Did he or whoever ordered the cams tell Comp that the pistons had no reliefs?

Listen, this engine makes great peak power for a pump gas combo and kudos to all involved.

I didn't talk to comp. I choose my the lobe profile I wanted, and calculated on paper what would fit in the motor.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You dont even know where the IC or EC are, all I gave you was LSA. You don't know where the opening and closing points are. So much info you don't know but yet you are making assumptions. The centerlines can be in various spots with the same lobe sep. Good talk, but I'm out.

He put the ILC at 113, wanted to go with 112 but there was not enough ptv clearance. That is what I understood from his post. Given the fact that there are no valve reliefs and 236 degrees of duration the 113 ILC would be about right. I've spec'd and installed many 4v cams over the years and know what clears with flat tops and what works with an FR500 intake.

#ISOTW

Established Member
113 is the lsa. Assumptions. Billy didn't not spec the cams. He supplied the builder with the lobe lift chart. The builder spec'd them.

#ISOTW

Established Member
I have a 3 cyl go metro I have to attend to. Gonna kill the odr class with it. Dueces for tonight ladies.

Post script: back peddling is not one of your better traits NA SVT.

#ISOTW

Established Member
He put the ILC at 113, wanted to go with 112 but there was not enough ptv clearance. That is what I understood from his post. Given the fact that there are no valve reliefs and 236 degrees of duration the 113 ILC would be about right. I've spec'd and installed many 4v cams over the years and know what clears with flat tops and what works with an FR500 intake.

You already know don't you?

SnakeBitten07

Established Member
What could be very useful information to others interested in building N/A engines has turned into middle school banter. From post I've read from na svt, he is knowledgeable and a respectable member of this community. Would it be possible for #ISOTW and recordbreaker5 to quit the nancy shit and post intelligent information? If not, thanks for your time - I'll seek information elsewhere.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
What could be very useful information to others interested in building N/A engines has turned into middle school banter. From post I've read from na svt, he is knowledgeable and a respectable member of this community. Would it be possible for #ISOTW and recordbreaker5 to quit the nancy shit and post intelligent information? If not, thanks for your time - I'll seek information elsewhere.

This.

#ISOTW

Established Member
What information are you guys looking for? There is actually quite a bit that has been posted. Debates do deliver a lot of information. Assumptions however do not. Someone gets called out on their assumptions and all of a sudden I am the bad guy? If you are interested in learning about n/a 4v engines there is a decent amount in this thread. There is what actually made power and what people think works being displayed. A few timing events have been shared, a little velocity info, some lift info, some questions about csa and piston speed (that have yet to be answered), a bit of theory and a bit of fact.

So what is it that you guys are looking for?

Last edited:

poisoned apple

Established Member

From what I've read, recordbreaker and ISOTW know what they're talking about. I know recordbreaker knows every nut and bolt of my engine. And here is evidence of his knowledge with 441 rwhp on a mustang Dyno with pump gas and only 7200 rpm.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Sometimes it isn't all of what you say but how you say it.
From my point of view any time Todd makes a comment or states what worked for him it is met with some type of resistance. Almost insinuating that he doesn't know what he is talking about.
He ask a question and is answered with "You already know don't you?"

How about answer the question?
He has stated congrats and nice power many times so he's not being an ass. Maybe, just maybe you are on to something he hasn't seen before and he is checking himself.
Maybe he knows something you don't and is trying to lead you there.
I don't know.

What I do know is 2 of you seem to be acting like you caught him in a lie or something.

In short, I don't have a question I need answered but you 2 could be a little nicer.

#ISOTW

Established Member
It's not that I am insinuating that he's a liar by any means. He mentioned that he would advance the cam but had absolutely no clue where the cam is to begin with. Then assumes the cam is installed on the lsa and says that's where it should be. Then states that he has done a bunch of cams with flat tops and knows what fits and what doesnt. Then asked the ptv clearence? You said you know??? Anyways enough of explaining myself.

You guys want to know what works with n/a stuff? Show me another pump gas, same displacement, na motor that makes more power. Until then I'd listen to record breaker for any advice. Because all theory and assumptions aside his engine makes power and works. #fact.

Last edited:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Same here, MM everything, everywhere. Was curious, how much camber do you run on the front because it looks like your wheels tuck pretty nice? Something got lost in translation somewhere with the tech that aligned my car when I had it done and they basically put it back to stock specs. I've got more wheel poke than I'd like with 18x9's in the front, which is actually pretty typical from what I read online.
I've got wheel poke with my 18x9.5 Cobra R rims. I'm curious to see how the 18x9 Ultralites look. I will look and see if I can find my alignment specs...

bumsoil

Established Member
It's not that I am insinuating that he's a liar by any means. He mentioned that he would advance the cam but had absolutely no clue where the cam is to begin with. Then assumes the cam is installed on the lsa and says that's where it should be. Then states that he has done a bunch of cams with flat tops and knows what fits and what doesnt. Then asked the ptv clearence? You said you know??? Anyways enough of explaining myself.

You guys want to know what works with n/a stuff? Show me another pump gas, same displacement, na motor that makes more power. Until then I'd listen to record breaker for any advice. Because all theory and assumptions aside his engine makes power and works. #fact.

Tts like you are taking any comment/piece of information as a personal insult...

instead of a conversation you reply to: "might be good to advance cams"
with
"BRO DO YOU EVEN MOTOR???? THIS MAKES 441 WHP"

I was really enjoying this thread until it started going sour. Still hives me my inspiration for a N/A build.
This is probably the coolest sn95 around ATM, lets turn this around and see some track times!

poisoned apple

Established Member
Tts like you are taking any comment/piece of information as a personal insult...

instead of a conversation you reply to: "might be good to advance cams"
with
"BRO DO YOU EVEN MOTOR???? THIS MAKES 441 WHP"

I was really enjoying this thread until it started going sour. Still hives me my inspiration for a N/A build.
This is probably the coolest sn95 around ATM, lets turn this around and see some track times!

Thanks a lot man! I'll be running her at Texas World Speedway next weekend!
Around 2.05 would be my goal I think.
I'll get around to a 1/4 mile one day, just not really my thing, and not built for that.

Users who are viewing this thread