400 RWHP NA build

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Nice build OP! Can't wait to see the numbers around the track!

Not without very high compression.

I was wondering the same as "bumsoil". Does the limited selection of B-Headed intakes aid in making it more so difficult than C-Heads to achieve these numbers also? (We're already aware of the vast improvements of C/FR500/03-04 Heads when it comes to intake velocity vs volume).

poisoned apple

Established Member
I redid my alignment lastnight. I ended up raising it 1/4" in the front. The MM K member with offset control arms bring it 1 1/2" forward from stock location. So plenty of rub, not so much during droop but especially during bump.

1/16" Toe Out (might change that to 0")
-2 1/4° camber
+10° caster

Is that unheard of for caster? I did the math on both sides and they came out the same so I feel pretty confident.

Last edited:

bumsoil

Established Member
with the MM kit and forward offset, thats normal. I have a boatload of caster as well, and i couldn't get it less then 2.5 degrees of camber on either side. with my lowness.

poisoned apple

Established Member
Well great weekend!!!
Best time at Texas World Speedway running CCW(not the wheels) was a 2.06
That was midday Saturday, and I would've easily been able to top that with more time but Sunday morning I had some valve train issues so we left early.
My dad ran a 2.01 in his basically stock 2000 R.

poisoned apple

Established Member
Damn! What's the exhaust setup again? :coolman:
Can't wait to build mine.

Btw, I'm joe_dauph on instagram. I don't get on svtp nearly enough anymore.

Thanks man!
ARH headers and X, Borla stingers

I think I talked to you before on here about door sills or radiator cover? Name is familiar.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member

Love it. We need longer vids lol. Idle, in car driving around casually, in car WOT, outside driving around casually, outside WOT. Please.

Thanks man!
ARH headers and X, Borla stingers

I think I talked to you before on here about door sills or radiator cover? Name is familiar.

I don't think about that? Maybe something else though lol.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Nice build OP! Can't wait to see the numbers around the track!

I was wondering the same as "bumsoil". Does the limited selection of B-Headed intakes aid in making it more so difficult than C-Heads to achieve these numbers also? (We're already aware of the vast improvements of C/FR500/03-04 Heads when it comes to intake velocity vs volume).

more to do with the higher compression helping to pull the column of air into the chamber faster since the port shape/size is too large to do it efficiently on its own. basically, the compression is a band-aid when applied this way.

i think for b heads, the engine displacement would need to be around 120-160 cubic inches larger to effectively utilize the port volume and bring the hp down to a real world rpm level. there are tons of other variables of course.

poisoned apple

Established Member
7c90cc1c285d51dadf486b6b5d72dc86.jpg

Broke Cloyes secondary timing chain... Beware y'all!
Bent valves and who knows what else.
Engine is out and getting the attention it needs.

TheDoughboy

Established Member
7c90cc1c285d51dadf486b6b5d72dc86.jpg

Broke Cloyes secondary timing chain... Beware y'all!
Bent valves and who knows what else.
Engine is out and getting the attention it needs.

Sorry to hear about this man. Were you on the track or street when it failed, what rpm's? I have 68k on my 96' and it is my daily driver and the only car I have. I put about 53 miles round trip on it everyday and do not want a failure like yours. I have not got to the 1/4 mile track yet, I but do like run it up through the gears to 6500 rpms when the coast is clear of Other cars & cops. :pepper:

I've been thinking about replacing the chains and sprockets as a "Preventive Maintenance" item so I can avoid a catastrophe like this myself.

Here is what kit with the billet secondary tensioner I have been looking at http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...ain_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=169

poisoned apple

Established Member
Sorry to hear about this man. Were you on the track or street when it failed, what rpm's? I have 68k on my 96' and it is my daily driver and the only car I have. I put about 53 miles round trip on it everyday and do not want a failure like yours. I have not got to the 1/4 mile track yet, I but do like run it up through the gears to 6500 rpms when the coast is clear of Other cars & cops. :pepper:

I've been thinking about replacing the chains and sprockets as a "Preventive Maintenance" item so I can avoid a catastrophe like this myself.

Here is what kit with the billet secondary tensioner I have been looking at http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...ain_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=169

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I had cloyes chains, and I was on the track at high rpm when it broke. I also replaced them with the factory OEM chains. Been good since then.
I don't think you're in need of replacing them.

Insta - @Lanier_SVT

TheDoughboy

Established Member
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I had cloyes chains, and I was on the track at high rpm when it broke. I also replaced them with the factory OEM chains. Been good since then.
I don't think you're in need of replacing them.

Insta - @Lanier_SVT

I did do some reading in the archives and have read about other chain failures before yours. So that is how I came up with the idea or replacing them all before one goes, kinda like doing a timing belt @60K. I also read that some folks just replaced the tensioners with upgraded units and maybe some guides. Then again, once it is apart I can just replace what is needed.

I just want to try now to prevent a motor rebuild in the future. I still have some more reading to do and the broken crap ass "search function" does not help ;)

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Stock chains on mine with 250,000+ miles and ~400rwhp with 7200 RPM shifts. I gave her hell.

Bought new OEM chains to replace everything though, just to be proactive.

Glad it didn't keep you down for long.

poisoned apple

Established Member
Stock chains on mine with 250,000+ miles and ~400rwhp with 7200 RPM shifts. I gave her hell.

Bought new OEM chains to replace everything though, just to be proactive.

Glad it didn't keep you down for long.

Yeah I put stock chains back on.
Everything is good now!
Crower chains

Users who are viewing this thread