40 below COOLANT ADDITIVE.....

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
but what about burping the system how do you do that properly
There is a ton of posts on this.Make sure you refill via the crossover.I use a funnel to keep the fluid full while the car gets to temp and keep my eye on the fluid.You can see the bubbles coming up the liquid in the funnel.I do this for a couple of heat cycles.Note that i`ve been into my cooling system 3 times and have never had a issue with overheatig due to air in the system.Maybe i`m just lucky.
what kind of coolant are you guys using?

I have a early 03 that came with the green stuff.I use Preston that I get at Advanced Auto mixed with distilled water.I`ve never checked the dealer.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I have refilled my system once...no problems with it overheating...I used the Gold Coolant that Ford Sells with distilled water...
Thinkin' about gettin a thermostat...wish I would of done this when I installed my temp probe in the block for my gauges when I opened the coolant system..
Brad do you have one?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have refilled my system once...no problems with it overheating...I used the Gold Coolant that Ford Sells with distilled water...
Thinkin' about gettin a thermostat...wish I would of done this when I installed my temp probe in the block for my gauges when I opened the coolant system..
Brad do you have one?

Yup

Users who are viewing this thread