40-50 More Hp ?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
JR, I bought a spare M122 last month and am going to have Brian port it for me. He's only about 3 hours north of me so it should work out nice. At this point, I'm looking for a modest Eaton setup of about 575 RHWP. No headers, midpipe, lower pulley, etc. But I am considering getting a 2.45" upper form Auto Liberte and having Brian grind the snout a bit on the spare Eaton to get hopefully another lb of boost. You should have no problem with a port and possibly TB modifications, getting to low+ 600's with your setup.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
JR, I bought a spare M122 last month and am going to have Brian port it for me. He's only about 3 hours north of me so it should work out nice. At this point, I'm looking for a modest Eaton setup of about 575 RHWP. No headers, midpipe, lower pulley, etc. But I am considering getting a 2.45" upper form Auto Liberte and having Brian grind the snout a bit on the spare Eaton to get hopefully another lb of boost. You should have no problem with a port and possibly TB modifications, getting to low+ 600's with your setup.

Thanks D. I'll tell ya, 575 feels really nice. It's not obnoxious. The car is heavier than our old cars and it uses the power nicely.

You know what we use to talk about. Sometimes it's just way too much, and wish I'd just done just a ported blower and had fun driving it. Think that's what I'll do !.. I've put 2,200 miles on it so far. Of course where we live, it's 50 miles to get to a Walmart.. lol..

Did you get a good deal on the used blower? I may do a home port on a used one. Have to get the ol' dremel out.., or I may contact Brian.

Good luck. Let me know how you make out. Have a great week with all the kids in town ! Tell everyone we said hi ! Give em all a kiss and hug for us.:rockon:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
JRS: Any news on that performance shop in the Finger Lakes? My parents used to live in Milo but are now in Penn Yan on Keuka Lake. It's a good area for cars with Watkins Glen close by and the dirt tracks as well. Some good shows at Penn Yan Airport sometimes.

Penn Yan is only 20 minutes from my farm...lol..

No news as of yet. The owner of the dealer has not committed. I'm not sure what he's going to do. I know it's a gold mine just waiting. Has to have the right guy running the place. I was approached about it. I think my salary requirements scare them. I'd love to do it, but we all are at a comfortable level in our lives and nobody wants to go backwards. A piece of the pie, so to speak, is not a common practice for them, or I may consider lower salary and a piece of the business. We'll see.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
JR, I picked it up for $250. Going price is $350-400 but if you're patient, they can be found for less. I just think that with 575 RWHP, the right wheel/tire setup, and some minor suspension tweaks, it would be a nice goal to get into the 10's at a 4,000-4,100 lb race weight. Heck JR, we did it with the Terminators with 520 RWHP at 3,700 lbs!!

Users who are viewing this thread