40-50 More Hp ?

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
OK. I've searched, but still have a question or two. Keep in mind I've had many 03/04 Cobra's and different setups. I know the sweet spots for mods on those cars. I'm still learning with this one.

So, I'm at 573/575 on 93 pump gas. 15.5 lbs boost on stock UNPORTED blower.

2.6 upper
10% IW lower
FRPP CAI
Dynatech 1 7/8 Longtubes
3" hi flo catted X
SLP LM Axle back
CR HE with fans
Roush IC resevoir
One piece DS and loop
FRPP FR3 suspension
Upper and Lower adjustables

I'd like to pick up 40-50 more hp without going TVS or TS, at this time. Looks like a Ported blower is in line. I would like to only port the blower and not have to do the elbow and TB. I actually don't have my duty cycle available, but are any of you having to run a BAP at ~620 ish rwhp? I have stock injectors.

Just seeing If I need to spend the extra 400 on the BAP. My tuner is 4 hrs away, so I want no surprises when I get there with the new blower installed. I know I can install the BAP for extra safety, but really don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.

Thanks..

JR

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I'm not sure if you can pick that many ponies up without the T/B & Plenum

I was just over 600 (mustang dyno) and had everything you have except a ported blower... But was running the L/M pieces (T/B + Pl)... And NO BAP was needed.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I'm not sure if you can pick that many ponies up without the T/B & Plenum

I was just over 600 (mustang dyno) and had everything you have except a ported blower... But was running the L/M pieces (T/B + Pl)... And NO BAP was needed.

Yeah, maybe I'll have to get those too. Be fun to see what just the ported blower will do. This car seems to respond well to mods. Maybe 30 hp would be a bit more realistic with just the blower. Maybe I'll just do a home port and see where it takes it too.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
TB, Plenum, & Ported blower would net you around 620-630 with the rest of your setup on a dynojet. Steggy Stage 6 or Posi Race Port. Either way you'd be happy.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
TB, Plenum, & Ported blower would net you around 620-630 with the rest of your setup on a dynojet. Steggy Stage 6 or Posi Race Port. Either way you'd be happy.

Thanks. Yep. I have had a million combos with all my other cars. Got to a point where the power was completely useless on the street. Which = waste of money and rubber resources. It was cool do a 1000 burnout doing 100 mph, but it got old fast..lol..

My car is right at 575 to the tire and with the suspension set up the way it is currently, it just flat HOOKS on the street. Even with the street tires. It's crazy.

I have had multiple 10 second cars, a 9 second car and a 8 second car.

Been mid 10's plenty times in a 6 speed.

I can honestly say that I truely believe I can put the car in the 10's on the street tires, the way it sits right now. I know I've made over a 1000 passes at the track and you can just tell by the feel what they will do.

Only problem with that is I promised my wife I had retired from racing. I went to the track Friday night for the first time since October of 2008. Just needed to smell and feel the air, if you know what I mean. I left my helmet home on purpose.

I seem to have OCD when it comes to racing. I'd have to keep going back to go faster, so I'm not sure I'll ever take it down the track. Looks like I've resorted to Internet racing !! lol.. I've definitely put my time in at the track over the years. Oh well. I'll leave it to the younger crowd. :rockon:

NOW, if someone were to call me out, I'd have to make that call !!! Just the code of ethics !

Last edited:

CPRsm

I'd run the BAP also. Your going to be borderline. Even if it were to work without, your duty cycle would be pretty damn high.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
i would do a BAP TO BE SAFE, wired on full time.

Thanks Kent. Probably will. The other thing is, is that I just have the 93 tune in the car. I've never, in the past 9 years, ran pump gas at a track. Just scares me to death. Especially with gas prices now. How long do you figure the average gas station has their 93 in the bulk tank? I think quite a while at $4.50 per gallon. Don't take long for that octane to come down when it sits for a couple months. BRRRR.. Just spooks me.

kent1

Established Member
Well go to the track once or twice a month for a fixed on drag racing and get that high........:D

For more power get the blower ported for about 30 hp
66 or 67 TB
ported elbow with larger opening to sc and elbow for about 20 hp
custom tune

By the way I made 49 horsepower with above mods that was dyno documented. So there you go.

See my sig for details on my stock ported sc and numbers.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
A ported blower, 66mm throttle body, and large elbow will new you +50hp at the rear wheels.

a free flow exhaust with high flow, or deleted cats, will give you more.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Porting the blower should easily get your around 40hp even without porting the stock tb/plenum combo. Then you can easily port that afterwards and see what other gains are added to it. I'd guess 50hp with your pulley combo total. Cars with upper only pick up 30hp.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Porting the blower should easily get your around 40hp even without porting the stock tb/plenum combo. Then you can easily port that afterwards and see what other gains are added to it. I'd guess 50hp with your pulley combo total. Cars with upper only pick up 30hp.

Thanks Brian. 40 hp would be nice. This will sound odd, but I don't want to pick up a whole lot more than that. The car hooks great. I don't want to go too wild and lose the traction that I now have all the time. I can put it to the ground and it feels great.

I may be contacting you in the near future.

Thanks,

JR

cobracloud

Established Member
Only problem with that is I promised my wife I had retired from racing. I went to the track Friday night for the first time since October of 2008. Just needed to smell and feel the air, if you know what I mean. I left my helmet home on purpose.

I seem to have OCD when it comes to racing. I'd have to keep going back to go faster, so I'm not sure I'll ever take it down the track. Looks like I've resorted to Internet racing !! lol.. I've definitely put my time in at the track over the years. Oh well. I'll leave it to the younger crowd. :rockon:

NOW, if someone were to call me out, I'd have to make that call !!! Just the code of ethics !
see you at bg world finals in the terminator/gt500 shootout:rockon: i know you want to:poke:

BigDan

Established Member
I dont think a ported blower is going to deliver that kick in the pants you are looking for. If I was you and maxed out and didnt want to buy a new charger I'd just run a 75 shot of nitrous since these motors love the gas. :D

VegasMichael

Established Member
JRS: Any news on that performance shop in the Finger Lakes? My parents used to live in Milo but are now in Penn Yan on Keuka Lake. It's a good area for cars with Watkins Glen close by and the dirt tracks as well. Some good shows at Penn Yan Airport sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread