4# or 6# lower for my stock blower?

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
Im looking to step it up a notch and I want someones opinion if I should go 4 or 6? I plan on throwing a KB oneday. That's a factor as well. What do you think? Pretty much looking to buy one this weekend as well

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You could do the 4 lb., although that's pushing the limits of the efficiencies of the stock, unported Eaton. You don't want a 6 lb. lower with that 2.80 upper. If you port the blower, not a problem with either.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
You could do the 4 lb., although that's pushing the limits of the efficiencies of the stock, unported Eaton. You don't want a 6 lb. lower with that 2.80 upper. If you port the blower, not a problem with either.

Since you bring up efficiency. Your saying that I could lose power with the 4lb lower?

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
I think I changed my mind. Friend of mine told me I lose crank support with a aftermarket crank pulley. Said some people snap the cranks. So i guess I'll just try and find a 2.65 upper pulley and do the high boost intake I always wanted. Then in the future go to a KB.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I have a brand new in the box 4lb lower kit for sale if you are interested. give you a good deal..just message me

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
I have a brand new in the box 4lb lower kit for sale if you are interested. give you a good deal..just message me

Thank you sir. But I am now leaning away from a lower and just stay stock and go with a 2.65 upper, due to what one of my friends said. He did some research on svtp and found that stock is the better way to go. But what I find funny is, his stock crank bushings were starting to go out and had to change it to another members stock pulley. The damn thing was wobbling.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Crank breakage is not a problem for an Eaton blower car. It is really not a consideration until we get to the 3.4 and larger blowers pushing a lot of boost. Even then only a few have had the problem. I have never heard of, or seen a picture of, an Eaton powered car breaking the crank in the 10 years I have had my Cobra.

I think you were on the right track with a lower. It will provide more boost without more slip. You could even increase the upper size and be sure to eliminate belt slip with a lower.

Users who are viewing this thread