4 cylinder turbo new base engine for Silverado

Coiled03

Established Member
That's funny considering how they always used to bash Ford for having a 6-cylinder.

Coiled03

Established Member
Truck looks awful.

You watch your mouth! That's an appearance "upgrade", according to them.

Love how the front fenders look like they don't even attach to the bumper. Looks like they just overlap the two.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
so they're introducing an engine that's the same displacement as the base ford ecoboost but makes less torque and less power and its a 4 cylinder to boot? huh?

major fail.. I cant imagine how/why this got approved. Guarantee this motor will be huffing/puffing and straining to end up with worse real world mpg than a properly sized NA v6.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
They did all of this work on the front end, tried to get all intricate and unique, and then just said "meh draw something in, we need to go to lunch" on the sides of the truck.

The front end isn't awful, but it's just this transformers crazy looking from end accompanied by the most plain bed sides and fenders possible.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Should get great mpg. Its gonna out perform the 5.3. Still the 6.2L is the only engine i would want if i was interested in a chevy truck.

Voltwings

Established Member

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
so they're introducing an engine that's the same displacement as the base ford ecoboost but makes less torque and less power and its a 4 cylinder to boot? huh?

major fail.. I cant imagine how/why this got approved. Guarantee this motor will be huffing/puffing and straining to end up with worse real world mpg than a properly sized NA v6.
It's actually .4L bigger than Ford's 2.3 ecoboost but makes less power and torque.

Users who are viewing this thread