4.5 whipple dyno with ZR1 killer pulley

T2013gt5B

All I know is what he told me, plus he stated the exact same thing to Shawn Fischer. I actually have a Winberg billet crankshaft in my engine, so I don't have to worry about snapping the crank snout off turning a bigger blower. I also know John uses Byrant for his shafts and I do know he does have something different added to them. I doubt John would tell me or another person why not to take the engine above a specific RPM with the exact same reason for each of us, while also telling us both how he found this out in the first place. These conversations between us were not at the same time and place they were two separate conversations at two different times with the same topic. A balanced engine..........is a balanced engine regardless of RPM.

The Voodoo engine has a different block compared to the 5.4 or 5.8 GT500 blocks and the differences in how oil parks itself in the block at high RPM I'm sure is different between the 5.2 Voodoo and the GT500 engines. Also the Voodoo is a flat plane crank so I'd be willing to bet the windage is significantly different which would cause a totally different situation in how oil parks itself in that engine effective changing how the oil moves back to the oil pan
Mihovetz says the 5.4 crank tries to "turn itself into a pretzel" (verbatim) above 7200. Per Mihovetz the issue isn't balance it's "crank whip" caused by the lack of center counterweights. It'll survive for a while but every time the stock crank goes above 7200 rpm the #3 main journal tries to touch the #3 main bearing regardless of how well the rotating assembly is balanced

850SNCobra

Established Member
popcorn_yes.gif

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Well 5.8 > 5.0 all day. I guess you don’t like power.

Meh. C for effort. Was hoping for better from the new guy.

I suppose the reason Ford has continued on with that marvel of a 5.8 in every model they sell is because it makes so much power and is so damn strong and robust.

Wait.

aja-jim-carrey.gif

T2013gt5B

I suppose the reason Ford has continued on with that marvel of a 5.8 in every model they sell is because it makes so much power and is so damn strong and robust.

Wait.

View attachment 1829939
The 5.8 is way too glorious to be put in a peasant base model car like your GT. Don’t forget that the 5.4/5.8 was put in fords flagship car for 4 years instead of the 5.0. Nice try though I expected more from the resident mouth breather.

Oh and talk about my white letters but ride around with these wheels. Can you say pot meet kettle.

Attachments

• IMG_4967.png
    IMG_4967.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

Wait.

View attachment 1829939
Mr. Gimmie 11's sir........you are out of line.......5.8 slow???

20230923_170235.jpg

Please dont force me to come out to cali and Tap that 5.0's ass.........:p

Bad Company

Established Member
In your previous posts you state that John is your engine builder, yet you still have a stock crankshaft. Along with his competitions(Whipple) 4.5L supercharger. Did you not get the memo about the fact John bought out Jim Bell when Jim decided it was time to retire? John Mihovetz owns Kenne Bell Superchargers, along with Lenco Racing Transmissions.

I don't know how 1 person can be so combative, unless you find it entertaining. I really got a chuckle out of your comment that you only roll race to 200mph. Trying to do that on the street is outright foolish and shows how little you respect others. Your location is stated as Mobile AL, do you not have Whitetail Deer in your area? Can you imagine what the impact is going to be like when you hit one of these at 200Mph? As low as the hood line is on these cars, hopefully if you hit one at that speed that it doesn't come through the windshield. Hopefully you can manage throttle inputs very well, because at 60mph when you punch it with the power you claim to have you're going to have a traction issue.

Since everyone is questioning your comments, I have a few that you may find interesting to argue over, if this is your way of entertaining yourself in the world of keyboard boxing. How come your 4.5L blower is producing 25 psi of boost, yet the engine is only generating 1031Hp and 913 lb-ft of torque? You clearly stated this in your first post. Can you tell us why the power isn't much higher? I'll give you something to think about before you answer that question. It's about efficiency. What is your engine lacking in that is causing it to not be as efficient as it should be in producing Hp for that high boost pressure? In my opinion the boost is very high for the Hp number the engine produced.

You listed that you have a built engine in your first post. I know what John requires of his customers for him to agree to build them an engine........yet you don't have a Bryant billet crankshaft? Or his camshaft design? Or his valve modifications? How did you get him to agree to all of that? Or are you having John build you a new engine currently?

I'm not going to argue with you over why John claims not to take a 5.4/5.8L motor past a specific RPM. He gave me a reason, now whether or not he gave you a different reason, I don't know. Or whether or not both reasons are correct, I don't know that either, but I'll ask him the next time we communicate with each other.

I'll let you mull over these comments to see how good you can respond with a few jabs to my mid-section and head in the next round

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s a poorly worded post but I think he meant that his engine builder told him that ‘according to John Mihovetz’…

And I agree with the thoughts on boost with a big twin screw.
-J

Bad Company

Established Member
It’s a poorly worded post but I think he meant that his engine builder told him that ‘according to John Mihovetz’…

And I agree with the thoughts on boost with a big twin screw.
-J
Ah now that may be so and would explain a lot to me. I went back through and reread the thread again. It's a possibility. The other thing is he stated John said this of a stock crank this puts the custom billet cranks out of his discussion as to what is happening above 7200 RPM. This changes the debate of what happens after 7500RPM with the oil parking itself in the block due to the differences between a stock crank and billet crank and the fact a billet crank isn't going to flex in the same manner as a stock crank.

I also found it interesting in the fact that as a new member of less than 2 weeks that he knew what crankshaft manufacturer was initially supposed to be in BIRDDOC's car. Unfortunately Mark hasn't been active on this site in years or even on the GT500 Facebook page that he created. Unfortunately he lost interest in the car with the time it took to redo the car for Drag Week and the car found a new owner from the Dallas TX area after it was finished. Last I heard it was going to be campaigned as a street race car going to "Mexico" for these clandestine night races that are so common in this area.

Yeah J, I'd say the engine is down almost 400-425Hp for that boost number on E85R, but that is my opinion and I don't know anything.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
After a little research, spot on Sir. Bam, bye-bye.

What a ****** this guy is. He keeps getting thrown out only to create a new user name in order to get thrown out after pissing everyone off.

More hilariously he talked endless shit about my gt500 and his makes less power on more boost with a larger blower. LOL

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
What a ****** this guy is. He keeps getting thrown out only to create a new user name in order to get thrown out after pissing everyone off.

More hilariously he talked endless shit about my gt500 and his makes less power on more boost with a larger blower. LOL
I usually catch him when he tries a new registration. He snuck through this time. Dom's TT probably makes more than him.

MG0h3

Established Member

Do you think he even has a car?

The only hint that says he might is that only a doosh as big as him would run those gay ass tires.

That’s worse than any import garbage I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread