$39,090

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member
Just wait till 2011 and buy one for regular msrp. After the initial rush of I have to get one now people pay that price they will start to sit on lots and the price will drop. We all know that a regular GT is going to be mass produced, just be patient.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
My brand new 1990 Mustang GT Convertible....20 years ago.
The good ole days.
f9p0ch.jpg

I remember a 84 coupe going for 12k brand new. So they went up a lot in just a few yrs. Then when I got my 03 many dealers wanted 38 to 39k. I paid 31k w 1200 mi and bassani s/s full exhaust. So my suggestion is wait and there will be ppl wanting to get out of the payments. My guy I got it from ate 3k. So there you go. He couldn't afford to drive it and another kid on the way. Now the slow turd is paid off w 42k on odo.

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
I remember a 84 coupe going for 12k brand new. So they went up a lot in just a few yrs.
That's not a good comparison. Coupes were always less expensive than GT's. My 91 hatch 5.0 stickered for under 17K. Over the course of 7yrs, that's less than a 5K jump(coupe to hatch LX 5.0) whereas his GT was over 20K, because it was also a 'vert... That's more than a 4K diff over my LX, which was 1yr newer.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I meant to say gt coupe w the holley 4 barrel so those were 12k and convt was 14k w a stick. Auto had that crappy throttle body. I didn't add in destination bs. Ended up buying a used 85 gt. But all that doesn't matter, whatever makes you happy.

Last edited:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I honestly don't know if I could stomach the thought of paying 40k for a GT Mustang. I can see 30-33k but 40k :xpl: makes me sick thinking about it :nonono:

stangposse

Established Member
As with any new release....JUST WAIT.

This price is soley for those who wanna be the "first" to own. The dealer won't budge. If this particular $39k vert is still available in October, you'll be able to get that price down to $34k.

Its not a bad price if you must have a brand new convertible. If I lived where it never snows, I'd buy one as a daily driver!!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Sticker on my '95 GT was 22,500 at a 2.5% inflation rate that's 32,568 in today's dollars. My '03 Cobra was 36,500 MSRP so 43,387 in today's dollars. Now add on the extras and upgrades the car has had and there you have the price. It might be out of line, but not by much. Who pays MSRP anyway, I bought the '95 for 200 over invoice, the '03 for 200 over invoice plus a 3k rebate and the '11 is on the way at 1k over invoice. Cars, period are a lot of money, to buy, to maintain. I hate it too, but you have to pay to play. There's always a Honda.

I guess you can look at it like this, If GT's were 10k everyone would have one, but you wouldn't want it anymore. It's human nature to want the next level up, the level that the few have.

Last edited:

bubbrubb

Holy chit! 40k +TTL!?

You did get one helluva deal.:banana:

The '03 didn't have the nice interior of today's car, but we all know what it did have.

Wheel hop? :lol: just playin. I love my 10th, but I sure as hell don't want to spend that big of money on what's essentially a toy/hobby. I absolutely love what they're doing with the Mustang platform (all performance levels), but when I'm looking to spend 40k or so on a new car, it's not going to be new and it's not going to be a mustang :nonono: I'd like something that I feel like I am getting a 'deal' on, or that people would think actually costs more.. not LESS! :bash:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Whats scary is the 10 mustang gt convert nicely optioned is 40k as well!:eek:

Whats cool is you can get a vert for just over 35k. 35,890 msrp for a vert 5.0 with security package as the only option!:beer: This is cheaper than you could get a 03 svt vert back in 2003 or seven years ago!!!!:dancenana:

project_pegasus

Established Member
Whats scary is the 10 mustang gt convert nicely optioned is 40k as well!:eek:

Whats cool is you can get a vert for just over 35k. 35,890 msrp for a vert 5.0 with security package as the only option!:beer: This is cheaper than you could get a 03 svt vert back in 2003 or seven years ago!!!!:dancenana:

scary part is how many people are gona complain about the price but still go get one lol :D
but all kidding aside im not sure how many people in here other then the one or two people i saw say there were in early 20's really are the "younger" crowed the OP asked for. im 23 have 2 kids and 40k for what your getting out of the car (fully loaded convert with 400+ hp AND how ever small... back seats... good luck with that in a vet lol )does not really seem all that far out to me... think about it this way. if you go buy a used 05-09 stang how much $$$ are u gona spend just to hit the 412 crank hp N/A on a 3v the 2011 is getting ? my plan is to get a 2011 half way through 2011 price should come down a little and all the tuners should have some experience with the new engine by then. then a year down the road ... mods... but to answer the question while no im not old enough to have bought these cars back in the days of these 16k GT cars yes it is a decent deal considering pritty much any car thats getting you over 300hp isnt gona be less then 30k i mean hell the cobalt SS starts at 24.5k and thats not a very impressive ride (used to sell'm)...

bottom line. yes the price seems right considering its still 2010 lol... is it worth it is all up to you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread