350 Lawsuit

Snoopy49

Established Member
EVERY SINGLE advertisement talking about the GT350 being a track car either shows a picture of the GT350R or a Track Pack car. Every single one.

Nick,
In the ads, does Ford specify that they are only talking about the GT350 TP and not the Tech? The reason I ask is that if they are not specifying what GT350 they are talking about and the car was only identified with a picture, the person viewing the ad would have to have the ability to recognize the difference between a Track and Tech car. Not being in the market for a GT350, I haven't paid much attention to the GT350, so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two in a picture.

Remember the dealers trying to sell regular GT350's as GT350R's because of the ® after the GT350 on the window sticker?

Everyone knows that the only people who profit on class action suites are the lawyers and the people who originally hired the lawyers, everyone else just helps their case and if the judge rules in their favor the secondary claimants get a very small percentage of what's left over.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick,
In the ads, does Ford specify that they are only talking about the GT350 TP and not the Tech? The reason I ask is that if they are not specifying what GT350 they are talking about and the car was only identified with a picture, the person viewing the ad would have to have the ability to recognize the difference between a Track and Tech car. Not being in the market for a GT350, I haven't paid much attention to the GT350, so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two in a picture.

Remember the dealers trying to sell regular GT350's as GT350R's because of the ® after the GT350 on the window sticker?

Everyone knows that the only people who profit on class action suites are the lawyers and the people who originally hired the lawyers, everyone else just helps their case and if the judge rules in their favor the secondary claimants get a very small percentage of what's left over.

The 2016 Pamphlet doesn't even have a picture of a Technology Pack car, except in the little picture that I posted earlier. The only other pictures are of the R and the GT350 Track.

All of the pages stating that the GT350 is a track car, ONLY have pictures of the R and the Track Package.

No, it does not spell out that the Tech Pack car is not built for the track.

I feel like the supplemental guide referencing adding coolers to a Tech Pack car is sufficient.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Nick,

Ford has never stated or even implied the base or tech pack 350 is the best track mustang ever. Go back look at their press releases and other marketing material.

If it's an issue of a salesman or dealer saying a tech pack is as good as a track pack or R then that's on the dealer or salesman. The suit then should be pointed at them not at Ford.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Nick,

Remember the dealers trying to sell regular GT350's as GT350R's because of the after the GT350 on the window sticker?

That is a silly argument. It's like somebody suing BMW due to their i3's not really being "The Ultimate Driving Machines" they claim to be.

BADBOSS

Established Member
This lawsuit represents everything that's wrong with America. People who want something for nothing and ambulance chasing lawyers leaching of society!

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
Hi All

I wanted one of these!!!! There are 3 that come to Fontana at this point.

At Fontana AAA Roval configured track, I track a 2014 Gt 500 with no track pack cooling option. The engine oil monitor went from normal to warm one time when the days temps were around 97 degrees.

But the engine never shuts down or cuts power. I drive it hard. Anyone that knows this track knows a good time is below 2:00min. I put down 1:54.6. Although it costs the front tires.

Now I don't run when over 82-83 degrees.

So what my point?

Here I am with a "straight line car" and none of the 350s' that come out have put down a better time than my 500. Two of the 3 350s' are the "R" version. The non "R" version overheats and cuts power. The poor guy has taken it to Ford twice and same issue. And he's not pushing the car.

A lot of hype and premiums over MSRP for the 350.

The cars I've seen with overheating problems so far I have seen in extreme track conditions are;

Most new Z06 Corvettes
1 new Base model Corvette with Auto trans.
A Tesla, yep a guy tracks the model S. Good for 3 laps.
And unfortunately the 350. A shame really.

Looking at a 2017/18 ZL1/1LE soon to be released.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The only legitimate beef I see has to do with non-cooler equipped cars going limp when not tracked. There have been a growing number of Tech/Base owners complaining that they are witnessing that very scenario while driving on the street. That is an issue that Ford should be addressing.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If that is in fact happening while out on the street during regular duty, then I agree, Ford should be addressing that.

But that is very different than... hey guys, i took my car to the track, beat the piss out of it, car how hot and went into limp mode, im suing ford!"

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hi All

At Fontana AAA Roval configured track, I track a 2014 Gt 500 with no track pack cooling option. The engine oil monitor went from normal to warm one time when the days temps were around 97 degrees.

But the engine never shuts down or cuts power. I drive it hard. Anyone that knows this track knows a good time is below 2:00min. I put down 1:54.6. Although it costs the front tires.

So what my point?

Here I am with a "straight line car" and none of the 350s' that come out have put down a better time than my 500. Two of the 3 350s' are the "R" version. The non "R" version overheats and cuts power. The poor guy has taken it to Ford twice and same issue. And he's not pushing the car.

The cars I've seen with overheating problems so far I have seen in extreme track conditions are;

Most new Z06 Corvettes

Your GT500 wouldn't trigger limp mode the same as a GT350 anyways, same goes for a new body style 5.0.
The only legitimate beef I see has to do with non-cooler equipped cars going limp when not tracked. There have been a growing number of Tech/Base owners complaining that they are witnessing that very scenario while driving on the street. That is an issue that Ford should be addressing.

If that is in fact happening while out on the street during regular duty, then I agree, Ford should be addressing that.

But that is very different than... hey guys, i took my car to the track, beat the piss out of it, car how hot and went into limp mode, im suing ford!"
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

100% agree. If the car is overheating on the road, something needs to be addressed.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Hi All

So what my point?

Most new Z06 Corvettes

That's a horrible argument statement with no comparable data.
1. The GT350 Track Pack destroys the 13 GT500 same day/Track same driver. Your statement that I can drive mine faster the the 2 R has no bearing on this entire contest just as a 15 mustang gt running 1.52 at sears point while owner ran 991 GT3 runs 1.58 and the c7 zo6 running 1.57 is not relevant.

2. If you are going to track your car with any regularity, you will need coolers. Track adds heat, heat is bad.

People keep saying this but I have yet to hear any first hand experiences. I'm thinking most believe that if it can't last 3 laps on track it won't last 60 min on the freeway on a hot day. Then say it overheats while street driving when they have never seen it happen.

Dynobrat

Established Member
This is the entire issue all along. It's not that tech buyers want free coolers or expect to track all day with none. The haters can beat the feet. It has easily and repeatedly been proven and shown, the transmission wasn't designed and cannot operate under moderate to severe duty for any length of time. That's not acceptable for any vehicle, not just a gt350. I would love to know Tremecs suggested application and recommendations. I am sure their answer would not coincide with Fords decision to not include them in the 16 base/tech cars.

Dynobrat

Established Member
And I meant to add "without the coolers" to my statement that the car can't last long without them. Tremec designs the transmission, they don't determine the weight and driving style of the application it's going in. That onus was on Ford from the beginning.

And also, how come I can't edit a post? Is that a thing of the past now?

Dynobrat

Established Member
by Ford doing nothing, they are ruining the reputation of all gt350's and it was their own f-up. The more I think about it this car it just going to quickly fizzle itself out and demand will dwindle. They should fix it because it's going to linger. Even 17-18 cars will wear it.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
How is it Ford's **** up by offering 4 different models to accommodate different buyers wants and needs ?

And again, how is an uninformed buyer who does not do his research, takes the word of a poorly trained salesman, AND pays a markup, Ford's fault ?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
13Slowbrah and ON D TIT are both on my ignore list so you can't stop replying to any comments I make I don't read your ish.
Go to bed, you're starting to bother me pumpkin. Ignore list, sounds like girlie high school stupid assbook crap. Deal with it with posts vs ignore, jeez.

Users who are viewing this thread