350 Lawsuit

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't know how I overlooked this yesterday... This will make even more people excited.

View attachment 86356

The oil filter wrench will be kinda cool.

I got the scoop on that kit last Saturday. I thought it was just going to be the wrench, though. I didn't know it was going to include a filter and whatnot. Ford just keeps on sending the goodies with the GT350/R; the track class, the authenticity kit, and now this.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know, just send me the whole car then. Lol

This one might be too bright for you; although it is a 2017 with the Electronics Package...so, there seems to be quite some demand for it in this thread.

This reminds me of the 350 or 370Z oil cooling issues. The cars were burning oil badly within a couple laps at a track and even during spirited driving on the road. Nissan refused to do anything about it, so the folks went out and bought Nismo oil coolers. Nissan turned around and voided all their warranties.

So, will Ford warranty it if they even WANTED to spend the 3k? Should Ford be forced to warranty it?

They aren't warrantying it yet. I'm not sure why not, they warranty their 670/727hp supercharger kits.

I have experienced limp mode on the street as well as the track. I planned to daily drive my car so I did not want Recaros. I thought it would be easier to add coolers than to add the seats and radio. I was apparently wrong. My trans fix will not be covered by a warranty even though it is a Ford part. My owners manual suggested adding coolers. Seemed like it would be plug and play. All the advertising material I have focuses on the performance potential of this car. The base and tech cars fall flat in this area. I could not order the combination I wanted but it became possible for 2017. I would have likely waited had I known. I also paid enough ADM to add coolers and then some. I just want want a car that does what it was advertised to do. I have bought the backordered cooler kit and plan to add what I can. Ford simply dropped the ball with this halo car and should have known this from the beginning. Even the sales staff at my dealer wanted to know if my car would ever see track use. Twice a year is all I wanted.

The advertising again, states "the Track Package and R GT350 are the most track capable Mustangs yet". I'm not sure where the misunderstanding is. If it stated that ALL GT350 configurations were the most track capable yet, I would agree with all of you Tech owners; but since it didn't, I have no idea how you guys are justifying this fight to yourselves.

When you bought yours, I'm sure Ford did not know what they were going to do for the 2017 run.

I sold 4 or 5 to dealers in 2016; the Track packages pulled a MUCH higher selling price than the Tech packages.

Common sense? That is painting with a very broad brush. I thought common sense applied to right vs wrong, treating others how you want to be treated, not putting your head in an alligators mouth etc. Where in the common sense handbook does knowledge that the tech/base package versions of a track inspired vehicle with track lineage would not be suitable for any track use, and possibly see limp mode on the street?

Simply put no purchaser had the actual knowledge of the cars limitations as should have been disclosed.

Common sense. Track pack=track-able. Tech pack=ball coolers and comfy seats.

The car is trackable. Is it meant for the track? Is it meant for 30 minutes running the guts out of it? No. The car would survive on the track. The only reason it goes into limp mode before the GT is that the GT350 has different sensors than the GT. So, go get both, run them equally hard at the track...and the GT350 will be in better shape in a year.

I'm sure when Ford tested them, they tested the R on the track the majority of the time. Then they pulled the Track Package out there. Then the Base and Tech pack had limited track time while primarily being driven on the street.

The only thing that comes to mind is back in 99 when Ford claimed the 99 Cobra had x amount of HP. I think there was something done to correct it, but cannot recall.

The 2000 Cobra R was born, followed by the 2003/04 Cobras.

silver srt 8

Established Member
Guess you are joking...they made the owners whole and/or corrected the problem in some way. But this thread is not about that.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Guess you are joking...they made the owners whole and/or corrected the problem in some way. But this thread is not about that.

On the '99 Cobra debacle, Ford claimed the cause of the lower output was because the air filter element was delaminating. I have no idea how that would even happen. In my mind, delaminating means something is coming apart. Who knows what it means in engineering terms. Ford recalled and replaced the filter elements, and the cars started producing the advertised power. I think they also retuned the engines.

Snoopy49

Established Member
No, the parts are available now. I think they became available about 3 weeks ago if I remember.

The reason I asked is that I was in the local dealership about 3 weeks ago and they had a 2016 GT350 with track package on the floor with a build date of 05/2016 and I couldn't figure out why it was still there, except maybe the recall or the $15,000 ADM.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The reason I asked is that I was in the local dealership about 3 weeks ago and they had a 2016 GT350 with track package on the floor with a build date of 05/2016 and I couldn't figure out why it was still there, except maybe the recall or the $15,000 ADM.

I imagine it was the ladder.

That's ridiculous. It's cost them nearly $2k in floorplan expense.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Nick,
What's worse is that this dealer has sold all his GT500's at MSRP. When the GT350's came out he and another dealer who never charged ADM's in the past, started charging huge ADM's on all their specialty vehicles.
Now that the 2017s are available, I wonder how long he will be able to hold out for an ADM on a 1 year old GT350?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick,
What's worse is that this dealer has sold all his GT500's at MSRP. When the GT350's came out he and another dealer who never charged ADM's in the past, started charging huge ADM's on all their specialty vehicles.
Now that the 2017s are available, I wonder how long he will be able to hold out for an ADM on a 1 year old GT350?

He should've already dumped it for sure. Hell, I'm hoping my last 2017 goes quick at MSRP; it'll be here next week. I'd be sweating bullets if I still had a 2016.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
He should've already dumped it for sure. Hell, I'm hoping my last 2017 goes quick at MSRP; it'll be here next week. I'd be sweating bullets if I still had a 2016.

Lawsuit combined with the pending announcement of a GT500....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lawsuit combined with the pending announcement of a GT500....

I'm not really worried about either of those effecting the value or marketability of the 2017 GT350. The Boss 302 sold just find while the 13 GT500s rolled out.

I just hate paying floorplan on stuff.

It looks like he sold it, but here is an example of how he is now pricing his specialty vehicles.
Raptor 4WD 5.5 Box SuperCrew

The scary thing is, the Raptors will hold a premium longer than the GT350's. I've spoke about it in a few threads.

The Raptor appeals to a larger market base. More people DD them, more people purchase them through their company's as "work" trucks, etc. I mean, hell, a loaded Platinum or King Ranch are in the mid to upper $60ks MSRP.

Raptors are trading hands between dealers anywhere from $5-10k over MSRP, every day. If I had one on my lot, I could have it sold tomorrow before lunch to a dealer for at least $5k over MSRP.

barstowpo

Established Member
13COBRA, I think you are not looking at all the advertising. There is little if any distinction made between the various levels of GT350. Additionally, a GT350 should last longer on the track than a base GT. At least the hype referring back to the original GT350's supported this idea. Read Najir's interview about the car. All about the track development and capability and nothing saying, "but the tech car will fizzle out after 10 or 15 minutes."

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
13COBRA, I think you are not looking at all the advertising. There is little if any distinction made between the various levels of GT350. Additionally, a GT350 should last longer on the track than a base GT. At least the hype referring back to the original GT350's supported this idea. Read Najir's interview about the car. All about the track development and capability and nothing saying, "but the tech car will fizzle out after 10 or 15 minutes."

Hype is nothing. Press releases and and marketing from ford clearly show R and Track Pack on the road courses.

If you can find other

Users who are viewing this thread