315's all around?

Surubasi

Established Member
Hi guys...

I'm getting the griggs kit installed and was presented by the installer with putting 315's on all fours...

what do you guys think of that? will it look stupid?

what rims would you recommend for that kind of setup? what would look good?

any more input would be geatly appreciated

Dave

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Not only look stupid it won't work I hear that some 285's rub in the front. With a 315 you would not be able to turn the wheel if it fit at all.

Surubasi

Established Member
ok...obviously you didn't read the thread

315's are possible with the griggs kit...

why do you think it woul look stupid?

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Sorry Im tired didnt pay attention I just think the 315 is to big for a front tire I have never seen it to be fair but they are huge and in the front I just don't think it will look good thats my opinion.

Surubasi

Established Member
i personally think it would look pretty badass ... like how a stock car looks....

Dave

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I would have to see it but I don't think anyone has tried it on here. But it would be interesting to see in the end it is what you like f**k everyone else.

racebronco2

Established Member
It would look baddd, if i could put 315's on my car i would. I saw a fox body with 315's and it sure looked baddd. It should keep up with most cars in the twisty's with the right mods.

Redfire03

Established Member
Can I ask why? There is a reason all street driven performance cars have smaller front tires than rears.

Steering is much quicker and more responsive with a smaller tire.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Redfire03 said:
Can I ask why? There is a reason all street driven performance cars have smaller front tires than rears.

Ditto!

Last edited:

Surubasi

Established Member
Redfire03 said:

um...no, it's not...its exactly the opposite

skinnier tires on the front are there for necessity only...they don't fit much wider than 295's ..oh and it can reduce gas mileage

the fatter the tire the more responsive the steering...there's simply more surface area...more surface area = better ability to point the car in the direction you want it to go

Dave

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Surubasi said:
um...no, it's not...its exactly the opposite

skinnier tires on the front are there for necessity only...they don't fit much wider than 295's ..oh and it can reduce gas mileage

the fatter the tire the more responsive the steering...there's simply more surface area...more surface area = better ability to point the car in the direction you want it to go

Dave
Well, you seem to have the answer to your own question! Why not just go for it and let us know how everything turns out? :pop:

You may need some custom wheels for a setup like that though. Try CCW, iforged or Fiske racing wheels.

Last edited:

Tman

Established Member
I know someone who uses them all around, mind you he uses the car strickly as a track car with this setup but back on the streets he switches back.
never seen them on the car in person but I think it would look badass!!

Surubasi

Established Member
04torchred said:
Track it will be great, but on the street it is going to pull and walk like a bitch if the road isn't 100% flat.

ooh i didn't even think about that....good point...

i m ight look at some iForged...those look pretty cool, fikse are a little to ...well they have too many studs on the 3 pieces

Dave

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Well, you seem to have the answer to your own question! Why not just go for it and let us know how everything turns out? :pop:

why are u asking us if u already decided on going with the 315. :dw:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
for corner carving, hell yea go with 315's on all 4's, but I don't think that is your cup of tea.........

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
04torchred said:
Track it will be great, but on the street it is going to pull and walk like a bitch if the road isn't 100% flat.

+1...thats what my car does and i only have 275's up front....

Users who are viewing this thread