306 h/c/i/blown fox vs. 03 cobra vs. 04 ZO6...

03 COBRA-04 ZO6-92 FOX?

• Keep the 03

Votes: 66 54.1%
  • ZO6

Votes: 47 38.5%
  • Buy the FOX

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats an easy Question,

C5Z all the way!

You just cant step down to a fox from a 03 cobra even if the fox is faster, and the same applies for the Terminator compared to a C5Z, the Z is in a different class.

PS: In the end though, it comes down to personal preference so make sure you get to drive the car first so that way you get a feel for it and determine if you do like it better.

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
I would keep the cobra since it is payed for....If you are tired of it though and want to switch it up...well thats up to you. You can always make the cobra faster and change the look.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I've never owned a vette, but I've owned a h/c/i fox, h/c/i s trimmed 95. I'm thinking that the cobra or c5 would be the best for driveablity. Both of my old 5.0's had ok driveablity, but they were both on the stock tune. I would have to deal with some stalling or eratic idle when I drove them too long.

I would keep the cobra or get the vette.

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
This is easy. I own a fox-body, and a C5 vette so it isn't as if I'm biased in favor of Cobras, but were I in your shoes, I'd keep it. The other cars have no performance advantage, and I do not hold the vettes in another class (a C6Z.... sure.... C5, no). Picking up a built fox-body is ludicrous, because you have no idea how used and abused the parts are. That car has a long history that you cannot be certain of. Stick with what you know. Paying the extra taxes, registration, etc... is not worth it.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I say keep the Cobra since it's paid for. If you are hurting for money don't get another car you are gonna spend money for mods on. :) Can't go wrong with either of the 3 though. Some of my favorite cars.

burnzilla

Established Member
Overall, the Corvette is a much better car.
While the Termi is an awesome ride, going from a Mustang to a Corvette is always an upgrade. :D

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Thanks for the replies. The fox was sold to another buyer, so for now I think I will keep the 03....I don't want to pay another TT&L. lol

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Overall, the Corvette is a much better car.
While the Termi is an awesome ride, going from a Mustang to a Corvette is always an upgrade. :D

thats deff such a chevy lover comment:poke::bash::pepper::wf:

now heres one from me a deff ford lover comment,

Yes a corvette is nice all around car, but all the chevy has over the mustang is speed, because the mustang sounds and looks better theres more than speed when you buy a car, how about corvette horsepower and big brakes and do suspension inside of a mustang, and no need for a corvette,oh wait thats why ford made the terminators:poke::rockon::banana:

amxguy1970

Established Member
Mustang looks better then a Corvette????? Let me get a little hit of what your smoking please!

On top of the superior performance lets not forget the better gas mileage since everyone these days is concerned about that!

Corvette looks/pussy factor > Mustang looks/pussy factor; /discussion....

Tyler

BTW, I voted keep the 03!

Last edited:

ultamax

Established Member
Mustang looks better then a Corvette????? Let me get a little hit of what your smoking please!

On top of the superior performance lets not forget the better gas mileage since everyone these days is concerned about that!

Corvette looks/pussy factor > Mustang looks/pussy factor; /discussion....

You are correct, there is sometimes a pussy factor tied to the Vette. Not sure if we mean the same thing though.

I considered trading my bolt-on '05 Gt for a vette, but killed two birds with one stone and got an '07 Saleen. Speed = check, nipple tweeker = check, back seat = check (Vette baby seats are too expensive), cheaper insurance/mods = check.

I do still love Vettes and Cobras and Lightnings and Vipers and... but that's just because I'm an actual enthusiast. Beaten Cobras, Vettes, GTOs, SS/Zs, 5.0s - been beaten by same. That's the fun part about living near a big city, ya got all kinds!

I voted keep it - can't beat being paid off, particularly with the economy on a down cycle and a kiddo en route.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I voted to keep the Cobra, its payed off. Save some money for some more mods, and still have a back seat to throw a baby seat in. With kids the Vette is not going to make a practical DD. If its just a weekend car then I would consider a C6Z.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You are correct, there is sometimes a pussy factor tied to the Vette. Not sure if we mean the same thing though.

I considered trading my bolt-on '05 Gt for a vette, but killed two birds with one stone and got an '07 Saleen. Speed = check, nipple tweeker = check, back seat = check (Vette baby seats are too expensive), cheaper insurance/mods = check.

I do still love Vettes and Cobras and Lightnings and Vipers and... but that's just because I'm an actual enthusiast. Beaten Cobras, Vettes, GTOs, SS/Zs, 5.0s - been beaten by same. That's the fun part about living near a big city, ya got all kinds!

I voted keep it - can't beat being paid off, particularly with the economy on a down cycle and a kiddo en route.

I agree with you,

Thats why you as the customer have to drive the car first and see if we actually like it and suits our purposes. There are many things to consider when figuring out what is the best vehicle for you.

It might sound crazy but I really miss my stang, allthough I always wanted a C5Z and now I got it, its riduculous how much I think about my 2000 GT and how much I loved it, more so than the vette at this point....

Here is one for all the car enthusiasts! :beer:

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
buy the fox build a bottom end turn the boost up and have a much faster car for less money

61mmstang94

Established Member
Order of what I would do:

1. Z06 (nicest overall and best all-around performance car than both of your other choices).

2. Fox (would save you some money right off the bat, simple to work with and in a straight line could be the fastest for the cheapest, if it already isn't).

3. Keep '03 (you said this particular car you are having some issues with it and seems like more headache than it's worth).

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I'd keep the Cobra, but if you're having such bad luck with yours and you seem to have had bad experiences in the past, maybe it's time for a total change to the vette. Keep in mind that the vette will probably be the most expensive to fix if it breaks.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
As someone who has always been a diehard Mustang guy here's my 2 cents. I have a '00 GT with full '03 Cobra swap. I used to do open track days with it and have all the MM suspension stuff for it. Recently I decided to buy another car to drive every day. I don't have kids so for me the C5Z was the obvious choice. They can be had with low miles for between $20-30k depending on condition and mods. My Vette gets 27mpg on the highway, is much more comfortable than a Mustang, build quality seems to be better, and you get a lot more looks in it. Compared to my Mustang roadrace setup that handles comparably to the stock Z06, the Vette rides 100x better.
Stock vs. stock IMO the C5Z is a better car in every way than the '03 Cobra other than back seats. The C5Z handles so well I've since dedicated my Mustang to drag racing and will open track the Z.
When it comes to power mods, you can't beat the Cobra for bang for the buck or for being able to handle more power with the stock shortblock. The blown Cobra motors also are a lot of fun to drive on the street because of the instant boost and torque compared to the Vette where you have to be up in the rev range to really make the power.
With stock displacement you can get around 500rwhp N/A out of the Vette with H/C/I and still be what most consider pretty streetable. Any more than that and you'll want to redo the bottom end either to add more cubes or boost.

brainpa

Established Member
Having owned both a heavily modded 93 Cobra, and a heavily modded 03 Cobra...IMO, keep the PAID OFF, [normally] reliable Terminator. I NEVER had peace of mind driving the 93, and ALWAYS had peace of mind with my 03 SB Cobra. I cannot, however, comment on the Chevy, but common sense, again IMO, favors keeping your terminator.

You do know that the LATCH baby seat system is in your Cobra, don't you?

I'm sure a good tuner can determine your alternator woes.

My $0.02

Users who are viewing this thread