306 h/c/i/blown fox vs. 03 cobra vs. 04 ZO6...

03 COBRA-04 ZO6-92 FOX?

• Keep the 03

Votes: 66 54.1%
  • ZO6

Votes: 47 38.5%
  • Buy the FOX

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Ok....

This is hypothetical....maybe...

I am wanting to possibly sell my 03 Cobra.

It's paid for...I DON'T WANT TO SPEND much more $$
I am thinking about buying a blue 04 ZO6 with minor bolt ons...(making 401 rwhp)

OR

a 92 notch (with TFS TW heads, Comp 2432 cam, TFS Track Heat Intake and a Vortech 9 psi blower. Has a Tremec 3550, 3.73's, and supporting mods such as fuel, clutch, not sure on axles and suspension)....will drive tonight. He says it makes 430 rwhp. I hope more, but I will see.

My question (money in this range of cars is not significant (although the fox would save a lot....so if I can save it is GREAT for the kiddo coming)

which would be a faster/better car.....I have never raced either, but my car has been through 3 alternators and 2 lower pulleys...makes around 500 rwhp now...after taking off the lower and re-tuning it.

Driveability/speed vs. max power/baddass is the question for you....so what is the vote???

WHICH WOULD WIN???

Last edited:

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Owning both a fox and an 03 Cobra I can't logically see stepping back down to a fox body from your current platform or to the vette for that matter, why not mod the 03 some more?

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Owning both a fox and an 03 Cobra I can't logically see stepping back down to a fox body from your current platform or to the vette for that matter, why not mod the 03 some more?

I have had a bad experience modding it..I am tired of paying to replace the alternators...

I have had both too, plus a 98 cobra with bolt ons that drives like crap now...I had a h/c/i blown fox that ran 11's @ 119....but I was fixing crap all the time. Driveabilty sucked...

Now I have a mid-low 11 sec cobra with cheap mods but I have spent over 1K in the last year fixing...Driveability is awesome though...

I have heard h/c/i ZO6's are nothing to be reckoned with....actually I ran a Lingenfelter C5 (not ZO6) that I beat by about a car up to about 100....I rode in this car and found out that it spun through 3rd....so it should have beat my car...bad...it made 486 rwhp.

John4cam

Established Member
What if something breaks on the vette, I would imagine just about any fix on that car would be costly..??

StangJason

Established Member
Keep the termi and since it's paid for buy a turbo kit, tune/more fuel, and strengthen the drivetrain to ensure the extra power doesn't break your transmission or axle. By going turbo you'll not have only gotten rid of your alternator and pulley problems you'll be embarrassing Vettes along with better drivability and fuel economy.

When I think of Fox body's all I can think of is broken blocks...see my 95 GT. If you go with the fox you'll end up wanting more power and then you'll need a $2000-3000 block.

I know little about Vettes but I'm guessing it's a high upkeep car that'll make occasionally replacing pulleys seem cheap....again I know little about Vette's so don't take my word for it here.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Keep the termi and since it's paid for buy a turbo kit, tune/more fuel, and strengthen the drivetrain to ensure the extra power doesn't break your transmission or axle. By going turbo you'll not have only gotten rid of your alternator and pulley problems you'll be embarrassing Vettes along with better drivability and fuel economy.

When I think of Fox body's all I can think of is broken blocks...see my 95 GT. If you go with the fox you'll end up wanting more power and then you'll need a $2000-3000 block.

I know little about Vettes but I'm guessing it's a high upkeep car that'll make occasionally replacing pulleys seem cheap....again I know little about Vette's so don't take my word for it here.

Oh crap..I have to sell the cobra now....since you called it a termi...

That's like calling a vette a vetty.

:D

StangJason

Established Member
Oh crap..I have to sell the cobra now....since you called it a termi...

That's like calling a vette a vetty.

:D

Well the Vetty's are nice also. I guess you are stuck with the fox body Mustang now.:shrug:

If money was no object I would buy a 93 Mustang LX Coupe and have an 03-04 Cobra engine tranplanted and turbo'd with all the nice drivetrain goodies added. Oh what an 800hp sleeper that could be.

jumbojet

Established Member
The next car I buy will be either a termi or C5Z...unless the C6Z's come down a bit more...The Fox shouldn't really be mentioned against these two..I like them but the Cobra and the C5Z have something about them that makes people talk LOL

hammerhead2

Established Member
I voted for the terminator. It would be a close call between that and the vette though. I love fox cars and it is not hard to make them fast but it will just be a money pit in the end JMO.

amxguy1970

Established Member
Is this a DD? Very first question you should ask, if it is then no doubt keep the cobra. You are getting a kid, you will need a back seat on occasion. Now if this is a weekend car, I would go for the Z. The Fox if it was just to be a straight line drag street/strip car. If your going to be crusing around and doing a little curvy road action as well as roll races, the Z.

Tyler

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
Id get the c5z if you can afford the mods, 1K exhaust, 1K Headers, and a intake.

2k for a cam and ect.

Cobra is cheaper to mod.

04A4GTO

Established Member
Get the Vette, Mustangs are like Camaros, they are fun and can be fast cars, but it's not the same as a Vette. I think it would be much harder to find Vette owners who sold their car for a mustang over mustang/camaro owners who sold their ride for a vette. Just my 2 cents.

04A4GTO

Established Member
Id get the c5z if you can afford the mods, 1K exhaust, 1K Headers, and a intake.

2k for a cam and ect.

Cobra is cheaper to mod.

Na, the price you listed for exhaust and headers are way on the high end. You can get headers for $300 without a problem. The cost is really no more different then buying parts for a goat. No biggie

Users who are viewing this thread