300 RWHP club?

svtcobra2k1

Dead Crawlin...
Established Member
Im pretty sure ill reach that number ive got jlt cai, kooks lt that are goin in tomarrow with a shortie o/r x pipe. Im looking around for bassani street comp exhaust. If anyone has any good deals on slightly used systems please pm me. Hopefully I will dyno in the next few months, at that time ill get a sct dyno tune. Im going for about 320 rwhp. Does that sound about right??

yoshis99_cobra

Established Member
svtcobra2k1 said:
Im pretty sure ill reach that number ive got jlt cai, kooks lt that are goin in tomarrow with a shortie o/r x pipe. Im looking around for bassani street comp exhaust. If anyone has any good deals on slightly used systems please pm me. Hopefully I will dyno in the next few months, at that time ill get a sct dyno tune. Im going for about 320 rwhp. Does that sound about right??

You'll have the headers and cat-back before I get dyno tuned next week but I have a few small mods over ya. You can probably gauge your HP by mine after I get it done. But you should be close from what I can tell from these other guys on here and their mods.

A friend of mine has the Z06, I think a 02 or 03 and he has an x-pipe and a dyno tune and he's pushing 380 i think. I would like to be able to push out more than him and keep the wheels from spinning. I know he'll take me cuz he's got more traction than I have now, but hopefully I'll rid that problem soon.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
yoshis99_cobra said:
A friend of mine has the Z06, I think a 02 or 03 and he has an x-pipe and a dyno tune and he's pushing 380 i think. I would like to be able to push out more than him and keep the wheels from spinning. I know he'll take me cuz he's got more traction than I have now, but hopefully I'll rid that problem soon.

380 rwhp is not gonna happen with bolt ons.....
and 320 rwhp is attainable w/ the right bolt ons....

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Z06 vs 99 Cobra

yoshis99_cobra said:
That's why I plan on doing forged internals w/ cams and sprayin :pepper:

Your friends Z06 has a weight and aero advantage, too.

Cams + spray should get it done (unless he sprays too...)

mlccar

SVT Poster
Established Member
N/A horsepower

i have the 6-7 lbf Kenne Bell s/c on my car. It runs like a bat out of hell ~380 rwhp.. so you think i may be bragging but.. There is nothing like a cammed/headered/cold intake N/A engine putting out 300-350 rwhp. I just sounds different, and, feels different. So push on. i would like to know what the 4.6 L DOHC built up engine could do at say 7600 rpm with porting , polishing, cold intake, a tune and so on.

99greensvtvert

Less than 300

Hi all, Noob here...

I got my car tuned a couple days ago, after I installed a BBK CAI. Other performance mods are

Bassani X-pipe and Aft-Cat
Aluminum flywheel

I made 283 SAE, but I know I have a lazy O2 sensor. Could that be my problem, because according to what everybody else here said I should make over 300 at the wheels, right? I checked the ground wire for the ECU, btw, and that's fine.

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
Well I put down 318/312 NA with 2 degrees of timing backed out. I was running a 75 shot so I had the Steeda Timing Adjuster backed off 2 degrees. I think it would be an easy 325 to 330 with full timing NA. I have a JLT CAI, C&L 80 MAF, Ported lower intake, BBK LTs, BBK Offroad X, Magnaflow catback, Steeda timing adjuster, and a Stage II Mafterburner.
BTW this is in AZ with the wonderful tree hugger 91 octane gas and tremendos heat, but it is a dry heat :p

Oh, it put out 383 RWHP and 416 RWTQ with the 75 shot :banana: :beer:

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I had my car dynoed today.....I made 310.6 / 305.8tq!

How much gain would I see with a Tune and pullyes, and possible a pro-m 80mm?
Oh, Is this good numbers for the mods I have? Thanks

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
SilverSnake01 said:
once i get the time to get it on the dyno and tuned right i should be making at least 320 to the wheels.

that not an unrealistic number...if you were 290 w/ just the o/r hpipe, i'd guess you about 305-310 w/ the mods in your sig...

Users who are viewing this thread