300 RWHP club?

TnPaulMan

Banned
Billy C said:
LOL , No Im pretty sure Paul and I are not related ...Never met him in person actually .
Although I am a little confussed to your repley ? I never doubted you made your gains with the JBAs , I just stated you were in the minority !!!

LMAO!!!

You are the man Billy. I think the dynojets are for inflated egos, not people who tell the truth! Yeah, that was a stab at cobracide.

Honestly, JBAs are frigging junk. Believe me. I have to hear the shit quality everytime I start my car. And I also have to look at the washers they used to make the incorrect bolts fit the car! I love my JBAs!!!

You indeed are in the minority that feel that they gave you power. I think you are diluding yourself.

Paul

Kimcobra

Established Member
hate to say it but 16rwhp from a set of shorties is pretty good no matter what dyno you use.Did you do a before & after dyno run on the car.What i mean did you run the car on the dyno then install the headers and do another run??That would be the only way to tell you picked up 16rwhp from the headers.I put my old Bullitt on the dyno pulled it off installed LT's and shortie catless H-pipe and put it back on the dyno it picked up 24rwhp with just the LT's and H-pipe.But i can't say it picked up 24rwhp from the headers because I also installed the h-pipe.Just wondering how you game to that 16rwhp #??.Shorties have been known to pick up only 5 To 7 rwhp if that.So you got a good set.Plus you never said what size shorties you are running.
I do not dought you just asking.A little more info please.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
not saying in this case but people put way too much emphasis on a dyno...dynos do sometimes give false numbers...we dynoed a friends EVO the other day that has mods but should have made around 310hp and 320fts to the tires... the dyno said it did 276 hp and 863ft lbs....so someone tell me that a dyno cant be wrong

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
9.85, and there is always a difference between even the same dyno's so thats why you should pick one local one and make all of your changes/tune at the same dyno. So you can get repeatable results.

Kimcobra

Established Member
vennom said:
9.85, and there is always a difference between even the same dyno's so thats why you should pick one local one and make all of your changes/tune at the same dyno. So you can get repeatable results.

Exactly what I was saying.I have used the same dyno for all the mods I did to my Bullitt,so I seen what all the mods gained.Believe me some of the mods lost power.Yes the air and heat can vary results but if you use the same dyno you will be closer.I think TnPaulMan needs to get his car to a local dyno and see what he has.Then go from there.It cost a little money but the peace of mind would be great.I also think the bottle neck on his car is the stock mid pipe.But seeing for myself how his headres were installed makes me never want anything to do with JBA.What it all comes down to is its always a crap shoot on any mod.What works for my car might not work on yours.Infomation is something we can all share which is what makes site's like this great.But for the shallow minded people.You can't say you gain something for a mod unless you do a before and after run.If my car dynoed at 277 then I added a CAI,Catback,Midpipe and it dynos 300.I can't say hey I gained 23hp from a CAI :shrug: Alot of guys do thier homework and spend alot of time :read: info on the mods they are planning.If we help each other with solid info we can save time and money.Plus smoke some Bowtie butt.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
i wish i coulda got a Baseline HP/TQ #'s before i added the Mods. im just curous what she will lay down now. JLT CAI, O/R Magna Xpipe,2chamberd Flowmaster.

duane v

Established Member
eventhough mine is a 98 4v'r, mine dynoed at 367 rwhp at 7500 rpm, and 308 ftlb of torque at 4500 rpm. just adding a upr power-pipe, race bullet muffs and a O/R h-pipe gave me 16 more rwhp and 7 more ftlb of torque from my last dyno tune...DA snake boy!!!

TnPaulMan

Banned
duane v said:
eventhough mine is a 98 4v'r, mine dynoed at 367 rwhp at 7500 rpm, and 308 ftlb of torque at 4500 rpm. just adding a upr power-pipe, race bullet muffs and a O/R h-pipe gave me 16 more rwhp and 7 more ftlb of torque from my last dyno tune...DA snake boy!!!

Boy, deleting those IMRCs really killed your torque huh?

duane v

Established Member
TnPaulMan said:
Boy, deleting those IMRCs really killed your torque huh?
I was wondering the same thing..Im sure the cam gave up some torque as well, part of the trade off....DA snake boy!!!

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
When this was first posted, I wanted to add me to the list but with HP adding mods (post fix) of Steeda pullies, Basanni cat backs, synthetics, silencer removed, K&N, super chip tune, I had 298.01 RWHP, 304.92 RWT..not quite there but pretty close.
Last week I had the annual stuff done but went a little much for me. Mods to increase HP were Kooks LT headers and catted H pipe, JLT CAI, new SCT programmable Chip and a JDM dyno tune. Results: :rolling: :beer: 324.65 RWHP, 324.09 RWTGuess I made this club, can't wipe the smile off my face :-D :thumbsup:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
check out my sig for my numbers....i just missed 300RWHP....then i got a blower and totally skipped the 300RWHP and right to the 400RWHP club

although my car did well stock

PSNOUS

Established Member
303/299

JLT RAI
Magnaflow offroad X-pipe, mil eliminators and Flowmasters
Royal Purple fluids throughout

Just bought a Predator and am looking for headers for a dyno day in March will update my numbers then ;)

Users who are viewing this thread