3 children dead and 4 injured at daycare fire in Houston.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
The news is reporting that the owner was seen pulling up into the driveway with groceries when she noticed the fire had broken out and began yelling for help. ****ing amazing. Arson is still investigating. If this is true, which is probably is, I hope they throw the book at her.

The children who lost their lives were 2 20 month olds, and a 3 year old.

So she wasn't home with the children? WTF is this world coming to. She runs a daycare for god's sakes, people were paying her to be there with their children. This is EXACTLY why my kids have never been and will never go to day care.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Sad. But that brings me back to the original point of a single 22 year old person being a sole guardian of a dozen plus kids. That is too much for one person regardless of how experienced they are.

It's not helping her case that she was lying about being in the bathroom, then a witness said they saw her driving up from getting groceries. So she left all of them alone, and the house caught on fire. It's extremely unfortunate that the lack of judgement cost the kids their lives,and even worse some of them might live and be disfigured for the rest of their life.

The daycare is allowed to house 12 children but an individual is only allowed to care for 6 at a time. She was breaking the law by having 7 there by herself. She claims that she had another person there helping her but there are no reports of anyone else being on the scene besides her and the children. She's probably going to go down hard for this after everything is sorted out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The original story was about as sad as they come. Hearing youngsters lose their lives like this is heartbreaking. But to find out now that it seems that the daycare provider, only 22 years old (??), left the facility to buy groceries while leaving them alone, is outrageous! One news article interviewed the parent of one of the children who said the 22 year old treated the children she cared for as if they were her own. That may very well be true. If so, it shows that the consequences to making a bad and irresponsible decision are often horrific. If this young woman did leave the children unattended for a short time to buy groceries, she did so never expecting something like this would happen. And now her irresponsibility and carelessness (and forsaking the parents' trust) will likely land her in prison for many years, leaving those families she betrayed grieving over their loss. Very sad story. And a sobering one that should speak to us all. Actions, good and bad, have consequences.

Please remember to pray for the families of these children.

ssssnake

Established Member
It's not helping her case that she was lying about being in the bathroom, then a witness said they saw her driving up from getting groceries. So she left all of them alone, and the house caught on fire. It's extremely unfortunate that the lack of judgement cost the kids their lives,and even worse some of them might live and be disfigured for the rest of their life.

Now I understand. It didn't make sense to me how she could be in the bathroom and get out of the house without taking a single child.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Heard yesterday a 4th child succumbed to it's injuries.

One of my friends on scene told me that he was talking to one of the arson investigators. The AI told him that he had to move the day care worker's car from the driveway to make room for EMS personell. When he got in the car he found a Starbucks receipt with a date and time very close to the time of the fire. He sent another investigator to the Starbucks to review security tapes. Sure enough...

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Heard yesterday a 4th child succumbed to it's injuries.

One of my friends on scene told me that he was talking to one of the arson investigators. The AI told him that he had to move the day care worker's car from the driveway to make room for EMS personell. When he got in the car he found a Starbucks receipt with a date and time very close to the time of the fire. He sent another investigator to the Starbucks to review security tapes. Sure enough...

That makes me sick.

Mayo5

Established Member
The daycare is allowed to house 12 children but an individual is only allowed to care for 6 at a time. She was breaking the law by having 7 there by herself. She claims that she had another person there helping her but there are no reports of anyone else being on the scene besides her and the children. She's probably going to go down hard for this after everything is sorted out.

Yeah, that was kind of my point. The age thing was a minor moot point. No one should be responsible for the care of that many children at one time.

She should get the book thrown at her, especially if she left the house to go get ****ing Starbucks coffee. Extremely unfortunate another child has died.

Blown_Away03

Established Member
As a professional FF/Paramedic of 5 years, I have become somewhat tolerant of some people's stupidity, but this just ENRAGES me!!! :fm:

Although I would rather see her put to death, I hope she rots in prison.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So sad that a 4th child has died. So sad. One of the moms is a teacher, and the day care provider called her hysterical on the phone yelling for her to come right away because all of the babies were dying. This poor woman was then raced to the house with her principal driving, and when she got there apparently her child had already been taken to a hospital. When she arrived with the principal she was told by a nurse that they had done all they could but the child died. Brings tears to my eyes.

Common

Established Member
Update - The girl that was "watching" those kids fled to Nigeria.

You think someone would have flagged her passport.

She will be caught. United States government has some much flex when it comes to getting shitbags that flee to other countries it's unbelievable. They got a guy from India back because he stole a winning lotto ticket, cashed it and fled. No logical reason to believe they wont come after her over 4 dead children.

crazycarlo

Established Member
As a professional Firefighter one of my biggest "fears" if u want to call it that is that of going to a fire where kits are the victims.. that and car accidents. Anything else i can pretty much handle it and god forbit its a close family member of mine. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family members and my brothers who were there fighting the fire.

ModularFan

Established Member
As a professional Firefighter one of my biggest "fears" if u want to call it that is that of going to a fire where kits are the victims.. that and car accidents. Anything else i can pretty much handle it and god forbit its a close family member of mine. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family members and my brothers who were there fighting the fire.

I'am just getting involved with firefighting, I just put things like that behind me, even though its sad, you can't always pick what you want to see or not see. it's either you get on the truck or you don't.

Last edited:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I'am just getting involved with firefighting, I just put things like that behind me, even though its sad, you can't always pick what you want to see or not see. it's either you get on the truck or you don't.

This.

crazycarlo

Established Member
well im still gonna get on the truck......thats a given Im just saying that out of everything i dont wanna see its something with children the most. Now Im still gonna do my job because thats what I do.

Users who are viewing this thread