3:55 or 4:10 with Kenne Bell supercharger

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Another reason I recommend the numerically lower gear,
I drove the yellow Steeda Q650 (Whippled) car quite a few times.
That thing is a freaking rocketship.
Zero to 80 in about 3 seconds or less, that quick, no lie.
Scary fast.
Even with all the good stuff on the motor and chassis,
great tires, etc.
FOR ME, I found the car to be difficult to handle at WOT.
Yes, it is an S197 (different), and I am a decent driver (not excellent by any means),
but I believe that car had 4.10's,
and remember thinking it would be more fun with less gear.
It is quicker than a lightning bolt,
but I just thought it was too "nervous" with that much gear.
The gear basically overshadowed the excellent chassis it had.
Maybe it was me that was nervous, who knows?
Just my opinion.

jimmeehboi

VNMIZED
Established Member
I love it. I go into detail as to why in this thread.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/668121-kenne-bell-vs-procuarger-d1.html

The only other power adder I would choose over Procharger would be a well put together single turbo set up.

Yea I'd really love to try and trade my KB for one but with a stock bottom end I'm not too sure how well a pro charger or vortech will run on 8 pounds of boost i don't want to lose any torque or power from the swap either so that's why I'm trying to look into it a little more, and I also like the instant boost on the routes type instead of the delay from the centri type.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Yea I'd really love to try and trade my KB for one but with a stock bottom end I'm not too sure how well a pro charger or vortech will run on 8 pounds of boost i don't want to lose any torque or power from the swap either so that's why I'm trying to look into it a little more, and I also like the instant boost on the routes type instead of the delay from the centri type.

A stock bottom end with a Procharger P1SC or Vortech S trim will do just fine with a good tune. Its the D1SC and the T-trim that you should start to save for the rebuild as they flow alot of cfm and can produce upwards of 10psi with the largest pulley they can run. Matter of fact my engine is out of commision and under going the slow rebuild as we speak and I'm running a D1SC. Besides, the KB and the heat that it produces would scare me more even running 8# vs 10-12 with a D1SC, especially because I live in Phoenix.

You wont lose any power by switching to a Procharger, matter of fact you should gain a decent amount of power at the same boost level due to the centri being more efficient and having an intercooler to allow you to run more timing. It may "feel" slower especially in the lower rpms but the centri will walk the KB at the end of the 1/4 or from a freeway roll. But having fun is what it is all about and if you have more fun in torqey big block feel PD set up vs a top end charge like a frieght train centri set up then thats all that matters.:beer:

boduke0220

Established Member
my friend has a Mach 1 with a kenne Bell and 4.10's and he's switching back to the 3.55's. he said if he punches it below 60 all it does is spin. but he has street tires. i'd prob go 3.73

Users who are viewing this thread