2nd Kauffman Motorsports Dyno day sign up thread

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
rotfl, my pos is still there because my reichard pulley was screwed up. A 2 day affair is approaching a nice long month.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
I was there this past Saturday actually for our dyno day, saw both your cars. Roush, yours was tucked all nice and neat into the garage..........but quadcammer, your car was outside and had a bunch of chickens hanging out on the hood and roof.......... :-D (j/k)...........nice cars though!

My dyno session sucked (through no fault of Kauffman's). I left the LX at home and drove the Cobra. We started my first pull, got to 4800 and they shut it off, checked under the hood, and found I had a broken IMRC cable on the driver's side. They had another IMRC box laying around the shop and gave it to me for an extremely reasonable amount, so now I just ahve to put it on.

Would have been nice to see what the car did though, had my Excal2 there waiting to tune it...........it still put out 239 rwhp at 4800 RPM's though, so that' wasn't tooooo bad. This week I'll try going back again with the LX. I would just head up there with you guys to get the Cobra re-done, but I want it done before Ford Fever. :thumbsup:

boosted98gt

Tina-come get your food!
Established Member
Dreddstang said:
...We started my first pull, got to 4800 and they shut it off, checked under the hood, and found I had a broken IMRC cable on the driver's side. They had another IMRC box laying around the shop and gave it to me for an extremely reasonable amount, so now I just ahve to put it on.

I was the guy standing there with my chick next to me while you were getting the IMRC box from Dave's old car. I was picking up my red 98 GT. I didn't realize who you were otherwise I would have introduced myself. :shrug:

BTW, mad props to whomever had the grill on the back of their trailer making lunch, it smelled pretty darn good and was a heck of an idea! :thumbsup:

-Joshua

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Thanks! That kinda sucks, I saw you there too. Oh well. And yeah we always bring a bunch of food to the dyno days. They used to have a grill there they'd let us use, but they blew it up.........so we bring our own now. Usually just a bunch of burgers and chickens, and we feed the Kauffman's guys too if they are hungry. Too bad I had to leave early that day.

Hopefully I'll feel like pulling that intake off the car this weekend and changing out that box.............we'll see. There's never anyone that lives near me that knows much about these cars! I found a link online on how to do it, and it really doesn't look that hard, just sucks you have to take the intake off to do it!

Only thing I am not sure about is taking the coolant crossover tubes off. There's supposed to be some O rings in there that "have" to be changed, but I can't find them anywhere. :shrug:

Last edited:

boosted98gt

Tina-come get your food!
Established Member
Lol, well I'm no 4v guy so I can't help you out.

And I'm not surprised that those guys blew the grill up. They don't seem like the chef types to me. Somehow I just can't see them cooking food and wearing a "kiss the cook" bib. Lol.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I'm in for this one. Let me know as well if a deposit is needed.

RAWSN8K

Roush9703

Established Member
thats great man you have a pm with down payment info. spread the word in the MACA and bring anyone else whos interested.

Last edited:

Roush9703

Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Roush9703...are there any dyno spots left? If so let me know..and how much is it..and if you need a deposit..

hey man i replied to you in the thread that ken started. :beer:

boosted98gt

Tina-come get your food!
Established Member
Shea, matt asked how many were we up to, I told him I left the counting up to you so I wouldn't mess it up. Lol.

How many so far between all the sites?

Users who are viewing this thread