2nd Annual Spark into Spring Car and Bike Show - 5/10/08 - Des Moines

Are you coming to the Altoona Car Show?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03snkvert

Established Member
I posted up and asked him in another thread, but havent heard back

I will probably head up kind of early depending on what time the cars start showing up. My Dad is kind of an early bird and I am sure he will be up there fairly early. I will tell him to call be when the cars start showing up, or get him to keep a couple spots next to him.

matsarge

Established Member

I will probably head up kind of early depending on what time the cars start showing up. My Dad is kind of an early bird and I am sure he will be up there fairly early. I will tell him to call be when the cars start showing up, or get him to keep a couple spots next to him.

I saw that Ryan replied back to you on the other thread. If we want to meet somewhere beforehand and cruise over together that's cool with me.

matsarge

Established Member

I'd like to meet up with you guys in Des Moines. I have no idea where the school is.

Let's decide on a place to meet up, then we can head over there. I'm coming from Johnston so I'll come across 35/80E to get to Altoona. Since Ryan is coming from Ames, maybe meeting up in Ankeny makes sense. We'd just have to drive a couple miles down to the 80E Exit then a couple miles over to Altoona.

03snkvert

Established Member
How about we shoot for around 9am. I am not sure how many cars the parking lot will hold and I figure if we get there a little early we can make sure we get a spot. Make sure if you have a couple chairs you bring them out!!

I live in Altoona but you could meet up with Ryan and then you guys could meet me at the Caseys in Altoona at the 1st Ave Exit in Altoona (second exit).

Last edited:

matsarge

Established Member
How about we shoot for around 9am. I am not sure how many cars the parking lot will hold and I figure if we get there a little early we can make sure we get a spot. Make sure if you have a couple chairs you bring them out!!

I live in Altoona but you could meet up with Ryan and then you guys could meet me at the Caseys in Altoona at the 1st Ave Exit in Altoona (second exit).

Cool, that works for me. I'm pretty sure I know where everything is at but I have NAV in the car so I can cheat if I have to.

Ryan,

Just let me know where you'd like to meet up. We can meet about 8:30-8:45 then head over to the Casey's and be there by 9AM.

matsarge

Established Member
Here's the plan. Ryan and I are going to meet up at 9:30 in Ankeny then head over to Altoona. We should be there by 10. Do you still want to meet at the Casey's at 10 or are you going to be at the school by then?

03snkvert

Established Member
I may be at the school by then, If I am I will keep a couple spots next to me for you guys. If it is not filling up very fast then I will just meet you guys at Caseys (if you don't see my car- head on over to the school.

Ryan can give me a call and I will tell him if I am there or not.

matsarge

Established Member
Well this sucks. Still raining and radar is showing more rain coming. Guess this is will be moved to the 17th.

03snkvert

Established Member
My Dad is up there now and he said as of now they were still planning on having it! I will give him a call shortly and see what they say.

matsarge

Established Member
My Dad is up there now and he said as of now they were still planning on having it! I will give him a call shortly and see what they say.

really? It's still raining here and there's another section of rain stretching past Winterset and moving like it's coming right through here too. Once that moves through we may be ok for a couple of hours, doesn't look like anything's behind it. Let me know what you hear.

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
Well, they still had the show. I went up there (without the car) and they had about 70 cars. Not a bad turn out, there was 1 guy with a Redfire Cobra and a polished Kenne Bell on it.

matsarge

Established Member
That's cool, I wish they would have waited and did it next weekend instead. I'm sure they were a bunch of people like us who didn't want to get the car out in this and stayed home.

IACobra

Established Member
74 cars total...

Well, they still had the show. I went up there (without the car) and they had about 70 cars. Not a bad turn out, there was 1 guy with a Redfire Cobra and a polished Kenne Bell on it.

I have the redfire... only 4 mustangs there.... 01GT, mine, a 65ish coupe, and an 05.

Good turnout for the school's first event. Great cause. out of the 74 cars, maybe 5 or 6 were newer than a 2000....

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
That's lame they had the show today...oh well maybe next year. At least they had a good turnout!

Users who are viewing this thread