2nd Annual Spark into Spring Car and Bike Show - 5/10/08 - Des Moines

Are you coming to the Altoona Car Show?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

matsarge

Established Member
1st Annual Car Show- Centennial Elementary School - 5/10/08 - Altoona

Edit: I think we found a show benefiting a better cause on the same day in Altoona. I replaced the original info with the new info on the Altoona car show.

May 10, 2008
1st Annual Car Show- Centennial Elementary School in Altoona
Time: 8am-2:00pm
Show Registration 9-Noon , judging from 12-2

Where: Centennial Elementary School in Altoona (Centennial Elementary School: I-80 to exit 143-South on 1st Street-Left on 8th Street-Right on
7th Ave SE-School 1 block on your right) It's right behind the Fareway.

Entry fee $15 , all proceeds from the event will go toward Centennial's balanced literacy program.

During judging of the show, trophies will be awarded for the top 25 cars, best interior, best in show, best engine, best paint, PTA pick, student pick, teacher pick and principal pick.

The trophies that will be awarded at the show are being assembled and designed by Centennial Elementary sixth-graders.

For more information on the Centennial Elementary Car Show or to register for the event see the attached pdf, http://www.se-polk.k12.ia.us/temp/car-show.pdf

Last edited:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I'll probably stop by and look but don't plan on entering. I just wish more vipers would show at car shows. Over half the ones I have seen on the road were on trailers.

zeus201

Established Member
Could be something I might be interested and even if I don't go it's only 10 bucks so I won't be out a lot of money.

Sort of sucks that it is on the weekend of Mother's Day.

matsarge

Established Member
I'll probably enter, it's only $10. Hopefully I'll get my orbital and polishes in from Griot's Garage by then. It would be nice to get it all shined up before hand.

03snkvert

Established Member
I Think I am going to go up to the show in Altoona on that day! It is at the school and all the proceeds go to help the school. Pre-Entry was 10 but the date has past and it is $15 day of show.

matsarge

Established Member

zeus201

Established Member
Last edited:

matsarge

Established Member
I just updated the 1st post with the info for the Altoona meet. I'm definitely going to be there, let's see who else we can get to join.

Last edited:

matsarge

Established Member
Ok, I just got off the phone with one of the organizers for the meet. Right now there are 36 cars pre-entered and they have capacity for at least 150+. Everything from stock classics, pick-ups, modded cars have signed up already. Lots of trophies and they're going to have it that you can only win one trophy so more people have a chance to win. Some of the trophies are going to be porcelain cars from the movie "Cars" mounted on bases. The cars are banks and they're going to put 1 penny in each one.

Food will be provided by Hy-Vee and you get a food ticket as part of the entry fee. There will also be coffee and donuts in the AM. They are really excited about it and plan on making it a great time for the family. Weather permitted there will be one of those 18' giant bouncing huts for the kids to burn off some energy. It starts at 9AM but there will be people there at 8AM if cars show up early.

After talking with him I'm glad I'm going to this one instead.

Last edited:

matsarge

Established Member
Bump for a great cause. It's only $15 and it's helping out kids. I'd rather spend $15 on this then a crappy meal.

matsarge

Established Member
I was thinking about that this morning. The judging isn't until 12 but I'd like to be there a little while before. Maybe 10-10:30.

Have you heard back from Ryan yet? Is he still coming too?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread