24 hours of Daytona!!

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
Who else is looking forward to this race this weekend???

I was supposed to go down to Daytona on Monday for this weekends 24 hr race with a friend of mine in his motorhome (in the infield) but I have so much work right now that I had to back out.:(

We had infield passes thru my buddys cousin, Scott Russell, who is one of three past motorcycle champions co-driving the Spirit of Daytona Racing No. 09 Porsche-V8 powered Coyote. The other two being Jason Pridmore and Jeff Ward.

I've known Scott since he was just a "wild" little kid and followed his racing career thu the 90' when a bad crash in the Daytona 200 forced him to retire in 2001. Incidentally, he won the Daytona 200 a record five times..and won 3 superbike chapionships!!:rockon:

Anyway, at least I'll be watching the race on Fox/Speed this weekend and pulling for the no 9!!! :beer:

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
I'll be going down tomorrow my cousin is a crew chief for one of the teams, not really sure if I'm getting passes or anything, or where I'm staying for that matter hahaha. My dad was supposed to go with me but he can't now, so I'll be taking my girl. Pretty excited lol.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i was thinking about going but i am going the US Street nationals instead...Bradenton is 20 mins vs 2 hrs for me lol

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
I just got in to Daytona this morning. I was wanting to see the Koni Challenge Race today but I am fighting off this nasty cold and want to be well enough to see the 24 Hr. Race. Typical of the weekend there are plenty of cool cars on the streets; seen quite a few Mustangs too.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Ill be glued to the TV for it. Not really interested in seeing it live though. I watched the July sports car race back in 2005 and I just couldn't follow it. I guess its just the nascar fan in me. Now if I had of had infield seats it might have been better. If i had a chance to be in the pits I would dang sure go though!

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Im not sure if Im more excited about the actual race or the fact that its the start of the 2009 racing season!!:rockon:

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
I'm at the hotel watching the start of the race on TV. Gonna go back after dinner and watch the night action, hopefully I can get access to the main Grandstand and zero in on the action with the binoculars. I wasn't expecting the racing to be this fierce so early in the race.
Tonight I will hang out there till about 10 pm or so; go back to the hotel-rest, and probably be back there around 3 am or so since I will be so jittery and can't sleep. Just go back and forth so I don't wear my old self out.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
haha, I haven't gone to the race yet, had a few issues with the quality inn we were staying at so I didn't get to make it tonight after moving hotels. But i will be ou there early tomorrow morning.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
my gaydar is beeping like crazy right now

:dw:

yeah, ok
danica.jpg

If that's gay, then I'd hate to see what straight is:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread