202mph?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
They need to be testing the car at seal level with good weather and running 93 octane. That would be the most optimal conditions possible. I do believe the gt500 is very much capable in stock form to hit 200mph.

reason4treason

Established Member
here's 196.06 at Kingman. it may sound bad to say, but personally I'd trust Randy Pobst more than something directly from Ford. like any research finding though, the key is that it's replicable. my guess is that it's definitely possible, but the last 5-6 mph would be a sloooooooooow climb. look at the vid below of the ZR1 on the AutoBahn. amazing how quick 190 - 200 arrives. surprises me that there's not more on youtube of GT500 AutoBahn stabs at it.

2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Chases 200 MPH! - Ignition Episode 18 ...

► 13:08► 13:08

2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Chases 200 MPH! - Ignition Episode 18 - YouTube

May 28, 2012 - Uploaded by Motor Trend Channel
On this episode of Ignition, Carlos Lago tests the most powerful production car made in America - the new ...

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Chases 200 MPH in Europe - Epic Drives Episode 3 - YouTube

► 18:06► 18:06

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Chases 200 MPH in Europe - Epic Drives Episode 3 - YouTube

Mar 30, 2012 - Uploaded by Motor Trend Channel
On this episode of Epic Drives, Angus MacKenzie and Justin Bell take a ... Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Chases 200 ...

Derek5774

Established Member

I see you guys found my vids
I claimed the speedo hit 200, in which it clearly did,
But it's not confirmed 200 mph yet
I had to hold throttle a little bit past the mile mark to do it, I wanted to push it further but I didn't have anymore room on this track

Stay tuned I am currently configuring a setup to break 200 mph in a mile on stock motor

Last edited:

Derek5774

Established Member
Magazines almost never test top seed claims. Its dangerous for the drivers and is difficult logistically to find the space to do the run.

Im most impressed by this guy who went from 175 in the standing mile to 194 with only the Revan Racing 13-6 package.
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 (174.7 mph standing mile) Texas Mile Oct 2012 - YouTube
2013 GT500 193.6 MPH - Texas Mile March 2013 - YouTube

This car also had me driving it
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
I see you guys found my vids
I claimed the speedo hit 200, in which it clearly did,
But it's not confirmed 200 mph yet
I had to hold throttle a little bit past the mile mark to do it, I wanted to push it further but I didn't have anymore room on this track

Stay tuned I am currently configuring a setup to break 200 mph in a mile on stock motor

That pretty damn close IMO! I surpassed that in my Viper a few years ago but didn't care to go that fast again with three kids at home! Keep us posted, you can do it!:beer:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Sea level, 50 degrees outside, no problem. Someone will have it on video soon Im sure.

Last edited:

rdrkt

Established Member
This car also had me driving it
Yes it was great camera work. It also gets my inner bench racer going. I cant believe how much speed you gained with simple boltons. If you did 194 in a mile Im sure you could do the other 8mph no problem in the proper setting.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I was checking out the ZR1 video and noticed the car was able to break 200 mph in 6th gear. Does anyone know the trans ratios an rear end ratio of the ZR1?

If you were to shift into 6th gear at 80 MPH, in a stock 2013/14 GT500, how fast could you go before it quit pulling?

2013FordGT500SpeedChart_zps84fe6aa8.gif

Derek5774

Established Member
Yes it was great camera work. It also gets my inner bench racer going. I cant believe how much speed you gained with simple boltons. If you did 194 in a mile Im sure you could do the other 8mph no problem in the proper setting.

Let's not forget The weather was in my favor for the 193.6 mph run
My GPS recorded another 3mph before I let off

Same cars with more mods were unable to break 193
Mustangs aren't very aerodynamic

Glad my video inspired you!
All the credit for camera work goes to Gearhead Flicks
They do awesome work
And they are producing another vid for me now

mach330

Established Member
You might have gotten a little closer if it weren't for the butterflies... lol

I'd like to know what you ran!! :beer:

Let's not forget The weather was in my favor for the 193.6 mph run
My GPS recorded another 3mph before I let off

Same cars with more mods were unable to break 193
Mustangs aren't very aerodynamic

Glad my video inspired you!
All the credit for camera work goes to Gearhead Flicks
They do awesome work
And they are producing another vid for me now

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Can't wait to see the next run Derek. Im hoping to break 185 with normal conditions, 190+ with good conditions. I won't hold my breath for what we had in March. That's only happened three times that I know of.

We had a stock Ruby red break 193 on a 10 mile closed road in west Texas in October. I planned to run mine stock, but I rolled my UTV the day before and was pretty banged up. The guy in the Ruby Red 14' was the passenger in my rollover, and he wasnt in great shape. The car had more. We failed to do what we intended though. If you can't top 200 on HWY 118 on that 10 mile stretch next to Elephant Mountain, the car won't do it. Maybe next year.

Derek5774

Established Member
You might have gotten a little closer if it weren't for the butterflies... lol

I'd like to know what you ran!! :beer:

I know mach330!!:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:
It was a very humbling experience

When I crossed the end, I knew it was a personal best
Then no speed ticket!!!:fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm:

First pass down the Texas mile without a recorded speed
But worst of all, it was my fastest pass:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

And he said butterflies or something blocking laser
LOL
My stock motor doesn't exactly have a lot of 7200 revs left in it

I'm planning to be at the next event, waiting for good temps and no head wind
then go for it or throw a rod

Last edited:

mach330

Established Member
I know mach330!!:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:
It was a very humbling experience

When I crossed the end, I knew it was a personal best
Then no speed ticket!!!:fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm:

First pass down the Texas mile without a recorded speed
But worst of all, it was my fastest pass:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

And he said butterflies or something blocking laser
LOL
My stock motor doesn't exactly have a lot of 7200 revs left in it

I'm planning to be at the next event, waiting for good temps and no head wind
then go for it or throw a rod

Please wait til after I'm done so I can video it! You're gonna make me nervous if your engine blows. Mine isn't far behind...

Bisbee Kid

Established Member
200+ run

Looking at all the posts recently I have not seen anyone post anything for the Silver State Classic, the Nevada Open road challenge or the Sandhill open in Nebraska. There are several classes & over the years there are many bricks that have done 200+, RJ Gottlieb in his 69 Camaro "Big Red" is one of the more popular & has several you tube runs. There is also a 70 Mustang sport roof that was trimmed out in Shelby fenders that used a 427 SOHC engine that was the major competitor for Big Red. The rules have become a little more stringent in the unlimited class but even in the 180 average the trap speed this year was 208.9 mph and the average over the
90 mile course was 179.87 in a 2001 Monte Carlo. I believe there is also a highway race in Texas now but haven't found the information yet. I would
venture to say a stock 13/14 with the long straightaways that are available would just click over 200. Hopefully someone will be able to run and prove it to all.:pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread