202mph?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Are we ever going to see anyone validate Ford's claim? They tell us it's been done, but we never actually see the proof. :bash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xKrjl93fQ

American magazines have tried it and failed, but they were at poor elevation. :nonono:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRuE38Bl5Mo

German mags have run a few on the Autoban, but seemed happy to cruise at 190mph and push no further. :shrug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eryLjUNsHkA&feature=player_embedded

I truly believe the car is capable of it, but why haven't we seen the hard proof yet? Are we ever going to? :read:

Last edited:

rdrkt

Established Member

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd like to see it too, but I'm not concerned too much personally.

I guess it probably bothers the haters though while giving them ammunition. Then again, they'll just reload even if it's proven.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have done 170mph so far. I think with a better intercooler like a C&R unit. The car would be happier in 5th gear. The heat the TVS is producing in 5th is probably insane and pulling a ton
of timing

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Magazines almost never test top seed claims. Its dangerous for the drivers and is difficult logistically to find the space to do the run.

Im most impressed by this guy who went from 175 in the standing mile to 194 with only the Revan Racing 13-6 package.
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 (174.7 mph standing mile) Texas Mile Oct 2012 - YouTube
2013 GT500 193.6 MPH - Texas Mile March 2013 - YouTube

Yeah, Derek is a member on here. I don't care who does it or where, I'd just like to see it completed. I know we have a few GT500 members on here who live in Germany. If I lived there you can be sure I'd have had a video of it up already. :poke:

I'd like to see it too, but I'm not concerned too much personally.

I guess it probably bothers the haters though while giving them ammunition. Then again, they'll just reload even if it's proven.

I just don't like talk that doesn't get backed up. I like to know what I'm talking about if possible. I don't want to talk cars with someone based on hype and "supposed to's".

160 is the best I've seen,,,,,hope to see 180-190 next Dec. :burnout:

At what event?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
C&D's testing basically said the car would never hit 200 MPH unless the conditions were absolutely optimal:

It went for another 2 mph, and that’s all there was. We entered the south banking at just below 191 mph, our knuckles as white as Himalayan peaks. The top speed: 189 mph, an average of both directions.

How do we know that’s the limit? Well, our data recorder tells us that during the final 1500 feet, the Shelby averaged 0.004 g of longitudinal acceleration. At 190 mph, it was pulling 0.001 g, or, basically, zero. The car had stopped accelerating. [To confirm that the Shelby’s engine was up to snuff, we ran a chassis-dynamometer test.]

We also learned that a 15,000-foot runway would have been inadequate anyway. Had the acceleration curve remained constant when we came off the banking at 185 mph (it didn’t, it dropped to almost zero, but for academic discussion, let’s assume it did), the Shelby would have needed another two miles of straightaway to add the last 15 mph. So, three miles total. But on the oval, we entered that hypothetical three-mile run at 185 mph. On a runway, we would have started from a standstill and hit perhaps 180 mph by the end, with stopping left to the weeds.

We concede that a 2013 Shelby GT500 may have once hit 200 mph in some far-off land, perhaps with favorable winds. But we have no doubt that ours wouldn’t. Hey, Ford—invitations to Italy will be happily accepted.

The Top Speed: 189 MPH

mach330

Established Member
C&D's testing basically said the car would never hit 200 MPH unless the conditions were absolutely optimal:

The Top Speed: 189 MPH

:bs:

One does not simply "average" the speed going with the wind and against the wind. It's physics. These guys are idiots. Having taken a bone stock '13 up to 185, there is no way it would have stopped climbing by 189.

Users who are viewing this thread