2023 Super Duty Release

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely more flattering in a dark paint color and no front end chrome. The (presumably) higher end trim truck front ends look terrible, IMO. Maybe I’m the minority but I’d put the 17-19 front end way towards the bottom of a list of Super Duty fronts. 20-22 is the best they’ve had in a while

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks the same as the outgoing truck?
This is current -

3CB2ED4F-EF22-41C8-A326-01CED006E838.jpeg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Meh.

I am, however, intrigued by the "HO" powerstroke. Ill be interested to hear the numbers.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The tech the bug 3 are putting in these HD trucks is more that what high end luxury vehicles have it seems.

I like it though. I couldn't tell much of a difference from the outgoing model but you can see where the changes were made in some of the higher trim models. If I was in the market I l'd definitely be looking at these new Superduties for sure!

C2tuck

Established Member
Well, they somehow managed to make an uglier truck than the 17-19's... I'll remain happy with my '20 for the foreseeable future. Features look cool but that front end..... wtf.

Those side badges are ugly as shit. Think I’ll stay with my 22 for now.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you read the specs on the fluid, it's designed for the heat. It's minimum temp is pretty high.
And isn't the service interval something like 150k miles? I want to say that's what my local dealer told me. Supposed to be a royal pain in the ass to do too.
10-speed is certainly a love-hate for me.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not a fan of how hot any of the 10Rs run.

In which application?

All mine ran way cooler than the 6R80's in gas engines

My silverado with the 10 speed got to 175degrees towing 5k this past weekend. Usually at 155-167
Brothers 20 Raptor also is in the 170 range unloaded.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
And isn't the service interval something like 150k miles? I want to say that's what my local dealer told me. Supposed to be a royal pain in the ass to do too.
10-speed is certainly a love-hate for me.

They are often shipped low on fluid too. This can cause many issues. I checked mine right after getting my Ranger and it was 2 quarts down right from the factory.

It's love/hate for me too. Love it at anything 1/2 throttle and above or in sport mode (which with the RPM holding can become annoying in daily use regretfully), but other times it can make me cuss.

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, they somehow managed to make an uglier truck than the 17-19's... I'll remain happy with my '20 for the foreseeable future. Features look cool but that front end..... wtf.
To each their own. I bought a '19 specifically because I didn't care for the new '20 front end. I do agree however the '23 is not going in the right direction.

C2tuck

Established Member
In which application?

All mine ran way cooler than the 6R80's in gas engines

My silverado with the 10 speed got to 175degrees towing 5k this past weekend. Usually at 155-167
Brothers 20 Raptor also is in the 170 range unloaded.

Mine got up to 217 the other day, but I was pulling a tad heavy…

And yes, that’s with air bags…

86dde729cf5455d584225996fdb9feef.jpg

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's love/hate for me too. Love it at anything 1/2 throttle and above or in sport mode (which with the RPM holding can become annoying in daily use regretfully), but other times it can make me cuss.
Yep. I'm right there with ya.
- I'm convinced it hates second gear.
- I'm delighted when it uses fourth - Seems to require near perfect conditions.
- Overall silky smooth on the way up otherwise.
- 1700rpm on the highway is generally nice until I have to beg the thing to drop out of 10th in order for it to move its ass.
- 4wd + Sport mode launch is kinda fun and has surprised a couple people hehe

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Yep. I'm right there with ya.
- I'm convinced it hates second gear.
- I'm delighted when it uses fourth - Seems to require near perfect conditions.
- Overall silky smooth on the way up otherwise.
- 1700rpm on the highway is generally nice until I have to beg the thing to drop out of 10th in order for it to move its ass.
- 4wd + Sport mode launch is kinda fun and has surprised a couple people hehe
"I'm delighted when it uses fourth - Seems to require near perfect conditions"

I laughed at this. So true.

About second gear, I have skip shift disabled, which kind of leads to another issue of the monotony of a sh*t ton of gear changes every time you take off normally, but it does help overall.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
As for my 10 speed, which as I commented on above, I do not like much? One thing that helps a lot, is I ALWAYS drive in "tow haul". Bypasses the skip shift, and also allows the engine to rev to a reasonable RPM before shifting.

On topic of the thread, more Im seeing the new SD, and thinking about the key new features that have value to me? Im liking it more and more. As for the looks? Its OK, seems familiar to our 21, which is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread