2023 NHL Playoffs

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
This damn thing is older than some of the people on this forum. Got this in ‘98? ‘99?
07B21413-F1C8-46DE-B5E9-1ED20AC8CCF5.jpeg

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
2 more rounds, not there yet......

Your team does look good, I will confess.

Playing with house money at this point. They were done in OT of game five in Boston when Bob saved their season.

Edit: I was also kind of drunk when I posted that last night. I’m not even sure what “It’s Hurricane season means.”

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Panthers beat the 2 chokiest organizations in the NHL although the Leafs didn't really choke and let 3 games slip away like the Bruins did. That was colossal choke that ranks right up their with the '86 Red Sox.
I hope they beat the 'canes but the difference is when they get a 3rd period lead they usually close it out.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Just got back after two weeks on vacation in Florida. You would never know they have a team in the conference finals...lol....when its 80+ and warm there nobody is thinking of ICE or wants too. But even in the stores I did not see anything for the Panthers shown anywhere. But that has been how it is all the 50+ years I have been watching the NHL. Its always taken a back seat to the other 3 being the NFL, MLB and NBA. But I don't watch much of those top 3 anymore beacuse of many reasons.

As far as the conference finals have no horse in the race but the great thing is once again no team from CANADA will win the Stanley Cup.....lol

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
You're right about that. Dallas had so many chances to make it a blowout, but choked.

I wouldn't really call it a choke, they won. What the Bruins did was a colossal, historical choke of epic proportions.

I don't really care who wins as long as its not the Hurricanes.
A part of me is pulling for Vegas only because the Bruins fired Bruce Cassidy last year and wouldn't that knife just stick a little deeper in Don Sweeney's (Bruins GM) chest a little deeper if he won.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Just got back after two weeks on vacation in Florida. You would never know they have a team in the conference finals...lol....when its 80+ and warm there nobody is thinking of ICE or wants too. But even in the stores I did not see anything for the Panthers shown anywhere. But that has been how it is all the 50+ years I have been watching the NHL. Its always taken a back seat to the other 3 being the NFL, MLB and NBA. But I don't watch much of those top 3 anymore beacuse of many reasons.

As far as the conference finals have no horse in the race but the great thing is once again no team from CANADA will win the Stanley Cup.....lol

Approaching summer here in Vegas and this town is bat shit crazy for the Knights. We ain't South Florida!

VegasMichael

Established Member
Approaching summer here in Vegas and this town is bat shit crazy for the Knights. We ain't South Florida!
Funny how before the VGK came to Vegas it was a hard to find a single hockey fan. I used to go to the Wranglers games at Orleans and there was hardly ever anybody there. Every time I mentioned hockey to anyone they said they didn't care. Then VGK come to town and are immediately successful and these same people are saying how they've always been a hockey fan their whole life.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Funny how before the VGK came to Vegas it was a hard to find a single hockey fan. I used to go to the Wranglers games at Orleans and there was hardly ever anybody there. Every time I mentioned hockey to anyone they said they didn't care. Then VGK come to town and are immediately successful and these same people are saying how they've always been a hockey fan their whole life.
This has rubbed me the wrong way as well. VGK tickets are expensive as hell compared to other markets and it seems like a lot of people go to the games as an experience or to say that they went. They don't necessarily love (or even like) the game itself. However, I think the team has grown on the city and there are now a lot more "real" fans at games than there were 5 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread