2023 NHL Playoffs

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Yeah, Tampa blew 2 games in a row but the Leafs have the talent where they are never out of a game. That series is over.
Devils have come back to tie their series but Rangers will prevail.
Panthers and Islanders are done.
Kings/Oilers is a close series but Oilers come out of that one.
Kraken will be a tough out for Avs.
Injuries to key players will do in the Jets.
Stars-Wild is the toughest series to call for me but I'll go Stars in 7.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Round one is great, so many games to watch every night. Also appreciate the 30 min stagger (7:00 and 7:30) for the early games, so you can switch during the inter, to the other game and not sit through the commentators.

Hope the B's close out tomorrow night. News tonight suggests Bergy might be back. We shall see.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
o_O

May be an image of hockey and text that says 'STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS DEICOO COL tbs SERIES TIED 1-1 1 11 SOG SEA 1 11 URAND 1ST 1:11 NIELS JACK'

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
If Boston doesn't win the whole thing I think it is a monumental upset. They outpaced everyone all season and had the most points in NHL history. However, hockey is a crazy sport! Anything can happen.

I'm surprised the Knights have roared back after dropping game 1 vs. Winnipeg. The Jets are tough and I thought Vegas got a tough draw with them in the first round. Hoping we make a deep run again this year. Vegas is crazy for Hockey believe it or not!

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
These are the Bruins I knew would show up for the playoffs. Completely gagged a series clinching game 5. They get a power play in the final 3 minutes and did absolutely nothing with it and Marchand gets a clean breakaway in the final seconds, couldn't bury it and as usual, lose in overtime.

Panthers are very much alive.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Wow the Kraken what a great name ready to unseat the defending champs but will it happen.....Bruins keeping the Panthers in this series...they better not let it go to a game 7. I don't care about the Leafs but want to see Tampa go bye bye tonight.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow the Kraken what a great name ready to unseat the defending champs but will it happen.....Bruins keeping the Panthers in this series...they better not let it go to a game 7. I don't care about the Leafs but want to see Tampa go bye bye tonight.

I'm not all that invested in Tampa but I do think it'd be ****ing hilarious to see the Leafs cough up a 3-1 lead. I'm basically rooting for anarchy in both NHL and NBA playoffs at this point

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I'm not all that invested in Tampa but I do think it'd be ****ing hilarious to see the Leafs cough up a 3-1 lead. I'm basically rooting for anarchy in both NHL and NBA playoffs at this point
Yea I like that idea. I was cracking up that Miami destroyed the number 1 seed Bucks. The one thing in the NHL that has to stay constant is no Stanley Cup trophies for teams from Canada. Its their national sport and they have not won a cup since 1993...lol...keep that going.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Kraken head back home with a win. Hope they can seal the deal and get it done on home ice.
Totally off topic, but as someone who has been on SVTP for over a decade, I have seen your posts many times and I have incorporated your name into casual conversation. I got up at the neighbor's house while drinking and when asked where I was going, I replied "To whizbangdoodle."

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Panthers got good Bob last night.

Hoping we get him two more times, but think it's over Friday night.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Totally off topic, but as someone who has been on SVTP for over a decade, I have seen your posts many times and I have incorporated your name into casual conversation. I got up at the neighbor's house while drinking and when asked where I was going, I replied "To whizbangdoodle."

Lol, I'm not sure how I feel about this. However, I am now a celebrity in your circle, so there's that.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Lol, I'm not sure how I feel about this. However, I am now a celebrity in your circle, so there's that.
Yeah I hesitated to say anything but decided that it isn't a knock against you, so it would be ok.

I also use it to describe people who speed ("This guy went whizbangdoodle through the red light") , fall down ("She did a whizbangdoodle and fell on her face.") and at work I say it to get things done in a hurry ("I got it done in a whizbangdoodle and now it is finished.").

Maybe I'm spending too much time on SVTP?

Users who are viewing this thread